SwitchLinc as controller only

Steven

Here's the situation: Near the front door we have a lamp plugged into a LampLinc.

We also have a SwitchLinc near the front door that controls a motion sensor light on the porch. This is kept on most of the time.

Without using the ISY-99i, I have set the SwitchLinc so it can turn the lamp on. We also have a ControlLinc and a RemoteLinc that can turn the lamp off (but leave the porch light on).

I can't figure out how to use the ISY-99i to set up a scene like this. When I add the SwitchLinc as a controller to the scene, the ControlLink and the RemoteLinc end up turning both the lamp and the porch light off.

Is this possible using the ISY-99i, or should I just leave the SwitchLinc out of the scene and make it control the lamp manually?

If you refrech your ISY from these devices, what scenes does it show? If you can set it up manually, there should be a way for the ISY to reflect the setup with the devices and scenes. I would imagine there are two scenes with the LampLinc, one with the SwitchLinc as a controller, and the other with the RemoteLinc and ControlLinc.

Thanks! Two scenes was the answer. I set up a second scene with just the LampLinc and the SwitchLinc and it works properly.

You brought up a question: How do I refresh the ISY from the devices? I couldn't see a menu to do that.

Hello Steven,

You can read device configuration upon registering the device in ISY. In the add device dialog, you have 3 options:

1. remove existing links ... none of the device configuration is read

2. add devices found in links ... it only adds devices that are found in the device configuration

3. import existing links ... this will try to recreate all your established scenes and configuration

From experience, I can tell you that it's much easier, safer, and less time consuming if you configured everything in ISY. Depending on how you have configured your devices, there might be some missing/phantom links which could cause major problems later on.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived