2411T won't link to ISY

someguy

I seem to be making some progress. I found out how to get passed the problem where it just keeps sending the same IR code to my TV. I just unplug and then plug it back in.

I've been able to create a few different nodes in ISY using this technique.

I found that if I try to use the node by itself, the only thing that I can do is make the unit beep (using "beep duration" and that a 250 beep duration is pretty long).

If I put the "buttons" from my remote in a scene, they work. I create a scene that is has the button for 5 first, then 1, then 8 and I run a program that calls that scene and the 2411T sends 518 to my TV. Pretty slick.

These instructions don't work for me in my situation:

51delt.jpg

Here is how I do it.

* First: unplug the 2411T, then wait 10 seconds, then plug back in and wait a while while it gets going.

then I click the "link management" where it says "add button to IRLinc Transmitter" and the above window pops up.

Then I follow the steps, but when I get to step 6, this does not work. I have to skip to step 7 to get it to work.

When I want to add another button, I have to start over with unplugging the unit as above *.

Then, to use the buttons that are created, they must be put in a scene, as far as I can tell. Then the way I've used the scenes is to create a program that calls the scenes.

• 1 month later...

Hello jcthorne,

Yes, 2.7.15 should support IRLinc TX as long as you have the older firmware version in the IRLinc TX. The new firmware does not work.

If you are having difficulties linking your IRLinc TX, please send an email to support@universal-devices.com and we'll hook you up with SmartHome personnel who can downgrade your firmware.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived