Surveillance camera with internet and iphone access?

mvgossman

Not certain if there is an ISY99i connection so please indulge me, but has anyone found a quality solution to have some surveillance cameras around the house that can be viewed on your iPhone and any computer?

Specifically, I'd be looking for one that is either wired or with individual IP address over WiFi for each camera (I've used 800 GHz wireless cameras and they interfere with the WiFi in my home).

Having a full-fledged DVR/motion detector/security would be optional but might be willing to part with the extra $ if it's necessary.

mvgossman:

I use Panasonic cameras on my router/network that also includes ISY 99. I have models BB-HCM531, 581, 735, 511, 110. They all work flawless with Insteon/ISY. I did have to buy a bit better router (went with DrayTek) and use a Linksys switch for added Ethernet ports. I use (thanks to Burak and Michel) a code through the Network Module that runs some basic camera functions from Insteon switch status. I have had no issues with their living together in the network. Panasonic has a bunch of different cameras available. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you as much info as I can. Here is a link to Panasonics webpage that will get you started:

http://netcamdealer.com/

Check out specifically the "resources" section. You'll certainly want indoor and outdoor models.

Here is a great place to buy them:

http://www.securityideas.com/pantineca.html

Ask for Brian. He is VERY knowledgeable.

Again, I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

aLf

Archived