Wednesday at 05:56 PM4 days With eisy-ui coming along and the Admin Console going away eventually, I figured now would be a good time to ask about this. I have a number of scenes where I update the action response to battery operated motion sensors, so on every boot of IoX (or ISY from 5.x onward, this worked without issue in 4.x) I have to go in and manually disable automatic writes to battery powered devices, otherwise over the course of a week or so the performance goes off a cliff due to all of the pending writes.Does anybody have a way of doing this using a program? The option isn't in the eisy-ui at all, and frankly after years of this it's getting old and I want to remove one more, "After power loss.." things from my life. Edited Wednesday at 05:57 PM4 days by jec6613
Wednesday at 06:46 PM4 days 46 minutes ago, jec6613 said:With eisy-ui coming along and the Admin Console going away eventually, I figured now would be a good time to ask about this. I have a number of scenes where I update the action response to battery operated motion sensors, so on every boot of IoX (or ISY from 5.x onward, this worked without issue in 4.x) I have to go in and manually disable automatic writes to battery powered devices, otherwise over the course of a week or so the performance goes off a cliff due to all of the pending writes.Does anybody have a way of doing this using a program? The option isn't in the eisy-ui at all, and frankly after years of this it's getting old and I want to remove one more, "After power loss.." things from my life.I don't follow, maybe attach an image of the scene or program being used. Batter devices need to be awake to write, so writing is not something that should be done programmatically in most cases.
Wednesday at 06:56 PM4 days 6 minutes ago, Javi said:I don't follow, maybe attach an image of the scene or program being used. Batter devices need to be awake to write, so writing is not something that should be done programmatically in most cases.What he's asking about is if we could add a way to programmatically enable/disable automatic writes to battery powered devices. By default this is enabled, and IoX tries to write the updates periodically, which slows down other Insteon communications. In admin console, this is triggered here:
Wednesday at 08:03 PM4 days Author 1 hour ago, Guy Lavoie said:What he's asking about ...Yes, this exactly!
Wednesday at 11:47 PM4 days Author 2 hours ago, Javi said:Ok so is the issue is the selected state does not persist after reboot?It doesn't persist, and there's no way to programmatically set it. Either would fix the issue.
Thursday at 11:07 AM3 days Perfect, I added an issue for investigation. ID: /udi/issues/21We have a backlog currently due to eisy-ui roadmap, but have replicated the issue.
Create an account or sign in to comment