September 26Sep 26 Is there a way have persistent storage for variables across IoX reboots or upgrades? I have some items that I track long term that get lost whenever IoX is upgraded or rebooted. For example I count each time the sump pump is turned on as way to gauge its life span. I also track power on hours on my HRV (Ventilator) as way to judge it's overall life as well as to know when I need to do maintenance on the ventilator. I can think of other possible uses of persistent storage as well. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? ThanksMike
September 26Sep 26 Update the "Init" value of the variable every time you update the variable itself. This will set the value of the variable to the "Init" value across reboots.
September 27Sep 27 Author 16 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:Update the "Init" value of the variable every time you update the variable itself. This will set the value of the variable to the "Init" value across reboots.This is a great idea. The only issue I can see is that it won't survive a Restore from backup but this is minor. I think I'll implement some programs that do this on a daily basis rather than every time a variable is updated.Mike
Create an account or sign in to comment