Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Insteon I3 Paddle: No additional production planned

Featured Replies

This was one of those "stumbled across it" events. Insteon will continue to support yet no more production is planned for the I3 paddle.

I don't write this to stir things up, more to alert others that may have bet their entire switch "farm" on the I3 paddle like me. I have almost 40 of them. I have a reasonable stock of uninstalled paddles and a few that I decided separately really aren't needed and will add them to the spares.

TLDR: If you depend a lot on i3 paddles, now is the time to build up spares if you don't have them. The only grumble I have is that I finished my install several years ago, and if someone hadn't pointed it out to me, I wouldn't have known.

image.png

If I had to hazard a guess, it wasn't selling as well as the other i3 devices simply because they already had a really good paddle switch and dimmer.

  • Author
10 hours ago, jec6613 said:

If I had to hazard a guess, it wasn't selling as well as the other i3 devices simply because they already had a really good paddle switch and dimmer.

Agreed. It's likely a low volume and definitely higher cost.

Also Insteon may not be navigating the supply chain / chip mfg / tariff changing and murky waters as well as others. Raising the price would also raise hell, so not a realistic option for an unchanged, years old design - good as it is.

There are also complaints about the fit.. they didn't design it with the rectangular bezel to meet the faceplate like Leviton (and others) do. It did take a little longer to get them in right and sometimes took removing, adjusting wires and pushing back.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.