Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trying to add an analog node.

Featured Replies

Hi,

I just received the WebControl 8 today and am trying to add an analog node but can't seem to create the node. I included a screen shot of my configuration. Would apricate any suggestions. Thanks.

Log included.

Screenshot 2026-10-03 201314.png

New Text Document (2).txt

Edited by garybixler
Add log

Hi Gary,

From your screenshot it doesn't look like there is a space between the colon and the next exclamation. Try this

"Aip1": "Light Level"

Tim

@garybixler also I wanted to mention if you have a lot of nodes you want to add, use chat get, feed it all of your nodes and ask it to format for Json single line. That way you can copy it and paste it into web control plug in.

  • Author

@TJF1960 Thanks for the reply. I just tried variations of "aip1": "light Level" but still cant get it to add a node.

"Aip1": "Light Level" "aip1": "Light Level" "Aip1" : "Light Level" "aip1" : "Light Level"

"AIP1": "Light Level"

@garybixler Yes, doggone it. I forgot about the parenthesis, I am sorry. You were persistent and got it going.

If you wouldn't mind, after you play with it for a while, let me know what you think of the plugin.

Thanks!

Tim

  • Author

@TJF1960 Initially I thought what was in the parenthesis was to show what need to be configured. I had tried the parenthesis earlier but I didn't have the space between ": " . Thanks for pointing that out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.