Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Polisy Local Admin Console?

Featured Replies

I'm running Policy on 6.0.5. Short of trying to force the SSH upgrade, Will I be able to continue to use the admin console locally? It is only the cloud console that's being deprecated? Will ISY portal access be maintained for voice assistants etc.?

  • Author
15 hours ago, Guy Lavoie said:

The Java based admin console is what is being replaced by eisy-ui. Portal access is remaining the way it is.

I don't think that answers my question, if I don't update, I'm running a local Java applet and a Polisy that hasn't been updated, can I not still access the Polisy with java admin console on my local network?

While I'm usually a fan of "if it's not broken don't fix it", I think you will likely run into issues at some point next year. Event if you maintain an old computer and don't update anything there are things that could break behind the scenes like certificates for software. Could you get around that, maybe, will we be able to help at that point, not likely.

We currently offer an 'ex gratia' upgrade path for Polisy which may not exist in the future. Also at some point eisy's software will not longer be compatible with Polisy, there may be no mechanism to upgrade at that point.

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/47042-eisy-ui-is-getting-there-heres-where-we-stand/

  • Author

If I purchase the eisy lite, I already have the ZMatter USB enclosure to shuck my Zwave board. I guess I'll need the serial PLM cable also. How do I receive the 'ex gratia' discount?

I have about 100 devices (98 Insteon, 2 Zwave), and about 450 programs. Is the eisy lite still appropriate?

Edited by roblombardo

This was in reference to out-of-policy Polisy firmware upgrade path to get Policy users to the current firmware.

Most of our newsletters contain a discount code, the last is now expired. We will likely be publishing a news letter soon.

19 minutes ago, roblombardo said:

I have about 100 devices (98 Insteon, 2 Zwave), and about 450 programs. Is the eisy lite still appropriate?

I'd have no worries.

  • Author

I guess I'm waiting for the newsletter then...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.