Tuesday at 08:06 PM1 day I'm running Policy on 6.0.5. Short of trying to force the SSH upgrade, Will I be able to continue to use the admin console locally? It is only the cloud console that's being deprecated? Will ISY portal access be maintained for voice assistants etc.?
Tuesday at 10:23 PM1 day The Java based admin console is what is being replaced by eisy-ui. Portal access is remaining the way it is.
11 hours ago11 hr Author 15 hours ago, Guy Lavoie said:The Java based admin console is what is being replaced by eisy-ui. Portal access is remaining the way it is.I don't think that answers my question, if I don't update, I'm running a local Java applet and a Polisy that hasn't been updated, can I not still access the Polisy with java admin console on my local network?
11 hours ago11 hr 7 minutes ago, roblombardo said:if I don't updateYes, if you plan on not updating at all, then nothing changes.
11 hours ago11 hr While I'm usually a fan of "if it's not broken don't fix it", I think you will likely run into issues at some point next year. Event if you maintain an old computer and don't update anything there are things that could break behind the scenes like certificates for software. Could you get around that, maybe, will we be able to help at that point, not likely.We currently offer an 'ex gratia' upgrade path for Polisy which may not exist in the future. Also at some point eisy's software will not longer be compatible with Polisy, there may be no mechanism to upgrade at that point.https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/47042-eisy-ui-is-getting-there-heres-where-we-stand/
10 hours ago10 hr Author If I purchase the eisy lite, I already have the ZMatter USB enclosure to shuck my Zwave board. I guess I'll need the serial PLM cable also. How do I receive the 'ex gratia' discount?I have about 100 devices (98 Insteon, 2 Zwave), and about 450 programs. Is the eisy lite still appropriate? Edited 10 hours ago10 hr by roblombardo
10 hours ago10 hr This was in reference to out-of-policy Polisy firmware upgrade path to get Policy users to the current firmware. Most of our newsletters contain a discount code, the last is now expired. We will likely be publishing a news letter soon.
10 hours ago10 hr 19 minutes ago, roblombardo said:I have about 100 devices (98 Insteon, 2 Zwave), and about 450 programs. Is the eisy lite still appropriate?I'd have no worries.
Create an account or sign in to comment