firmware feature

jkraus

Just wondering why the status of a scene cannot be used in a program (as far as I know). It seems the only way to do this is write another program that gets executed simultaneously with the scene then use the status of that program in another program, kind of a kluge isn't it? again, unless I am missing something.

Joe

The logistics get complicated. What exactly constitutes a scene being on? If it is turned on, then one or more devices get brightened or dimmed, is it on (because all the contained devices are still 'on') or is it now considered off? If all the lights in a scene are off, then are adjusted individually to match the settings of a scene, should the scene be considered on or off? What about scenes with multiple controllers with different device settings (ISY scene has light 1 at 50%, but a controller within the scene has light 1 set to 45%), which level constitutes On and when should it display Off?

I imagine the path of least resistance is to let users to write the rules for themselves using a program.

you bring up some interesting difficulties. Let me ask a question, you may know.

If I had a scene that was controlled by say 3 different keypads lets say all pad "A". when I hit any of the keypad "A" all three of the keypad button "A" lite. If then I make any adjustments to the lights in the scene, all three keypad "A" stay lit, until I turn one of them off. This I believe to all be true

So if I were to use the status of the Keypad "A" (I think I can do that), would that be a reliable measure of the "scene being on" to be used in a program?

So if I were to use the status of the Keypad "A" (I think I can do that), would that be a reliable measure of the "scene being on" to be used in a program?

I believe if they were all dimmers then:

If Status of 'Keypad A' is not Off 

would catch any percent dimmed, from 1% to 100%, and would return a true.

Tim

Archived