detailed write-up of a programming example

johnradams

I am using a KeyPadLink button to see if any of my basement lights are on (e.g., someone left some of them on ). If any of the lights are on, the KP button is lit; I can then press the button to turn all of the basement lights off. I can also use the same button to turn all of the lights on.

While this is a simple scheme, the programming needs to handle some race conditions.

I initially struggled with ISY programming, as I was really thrown by a few quirks of the model (not to mention spotty and sometimes contradicting doc!). When I finally got it sorted out, I documented what I had learned, in hopes that others would be spared some pain.

Here's the link; enjoy: http://www.adamsj.com/isy/

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to add that I did something very similar to you, but I added one more feature that I use a lot: "Fast Off" (if keypad is already on) turns on the remaining lights in that scene without having to turn anything off first. It's a little counter-intuitive but it works. The keypad light blinks off and then comes back on since there are lights on. I'm not sure if this would be useful in your situation, but thought I would let people know it was possible. You do have to give up the default Fast Off behavior though, but I'm fine with that.

Archived