All off

raptor

I have 4 keypads in the house and anytime I push all of on any off them it turns all the lights off but if any keypad buttons are one(the light behind the button) it doesn't turn it off. I tried adding those keypad button to the all of scene but to do that I need to change the keypad from a controller to a responder. If I do this the keypad will no longer work as a controller right? Any way to fix this issue.

I have 4 keypads in the house and anytime I push all of on any off them it turns all the lights off but if any keypad buttons are one(the light behind the button) it doesn't turn it off.

I have read that sentence (and the whole post) several times, and remain uncertain as to it's meaning or your problem. Is there any chance you can re-phrase and elaborate?

I apologize for being a little slow.

I have four keypads. Lets call the keypad A-B-C-D. Lets say i turn on scene A on keypad A it also turns on the light inside button A on keypad A. If i go to any keypad A-B-C or D and push the all of button it will turn off all the lights in the house but the light that that's inside button A on keypad A stays on. This creates to problems. 1 once all the lights are off I still have keypad buttons that are glowing. 2 the next morning when I go to turn on a scene that's off but the keypad button is still on I have to push the button twice. Once turns of the button itself and does noting to the lights and the second time it turns on the button and the scene. Hope this clears it up for you.

I understand your problem, and it is frustrating. The issue is that the keypad button is a controller in the scene (Scene A) that controls the light, and therefore the keypad button status light reflects the status of that scene, not the status of the light.

My solution has been to add the keypad buttons as responders to the All Lights scene. A keypad button can be a controller in one scene (Scene A) and a responder in other scenes, such as the All Lights scene.

With 4 keypads and presumeably six or seven buttons each, that is a lot of responders in one scene. It should not be a problem, though.

I wasn't aware that the same button could be configured as controller in one seen and responder in another. I'll try that tonight and if it works it's going to be a lot of programing considering I have 4 keypad with eight buttons each but an easy fix. Thank You

I wasn't aware that the same button could be configured as controller in one seen and responder in another. I'll try that tonight and if it works it's going to be a lot of programing considering I have 4 keypad with eight buttons each but an easy fix.

Do you not have an ISY-99? This would alleviate much of the burden of programming.

Yes, it sounds as if you need to make Keypad A button A a responder in the other scenes.

Archived