Scene help for newbie

Wayne

I'm going to attempt to do some linking (scenes) tonight and I need some guidance.

As an example lets say I have 5 KPL's that I will refer to as KPL 1 thru 5 and 1 SL that I will refer to SL1.

I want to be able to view the status and change the state of SL1 from button "C" on all KPL's 1 thru 5.

That being said, I am under the impression that both the KPL's and the SL are both transponders and receivers (2-way switches).

Will someone please give me a short tutorial on how to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Here's what you do:

1. Create a scene and name it whatever you like

2. Put all KPL button Cs and your SL1 in that scene and make them all Controllers

This way, all your buttons Cs not only will control each other but also control SL1. Furthermore, your SL1 will control all your button Cs on all your KPLs.

Please note that you can select more than one device at a time by pressing/holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard while selecting (mouse click) on the devices you want to add to a scene; then Right Mouse Click and choose "Add to Scene ..." menu option. When you get a the Add Confirmation dialog - and for your scenario above - make sure you choose controller for all the devices you've selected.

For more information, here's a great start: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=14

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm going to attempt to do some linking (scenes) tonight and I need some guidance.

As an example lets say I have 5 KPL's that I will refer to as KPL 1 thru 5 and 1 SL that I will refer to SL1.

I want to be able to view the status and change the state of SL1 from button "C" on all KPL's 1 thru 5.

That being said, I am under the impression that both the KPL's and the SL are both transponders and receivers (2-way switches).

Will someone please give me a short tutorial on how to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Wayne

Archived