status not working as expected

oskrypuch

I'm new to ISY, was all X-10 and had a great setup with an old DOS program IDE which allowed for surprisingly complicated programming (including multi type variables!). Then lighting hit, literally, and killed a lot of units, and the controller.

So I explored around and decided to go Isteon and ISY-99, a whole bunch of modules are on the way. Have done a lot of reading here, as well as the Wiki, and read through the manual. There certainly are some quirky aspects to the programming, but that isn't different from any other language when you first learn it.

In any case, to the matter at hand ...

If
       Control 'family rm / F-Key1 - B' is switched On
   And From     8:00:00AM
       To      11:59:00PM (same day)
   And Status  'family rm / F-Key1 - G - sensor' is On

Then
       Repeat 2 times
          Send X10 'P9/On (3)'

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Set up this simple routine to test the logic of a motion triggering an X10 ding-donger. Iinstead of the X-10 motion (will soon be replaced) I am just using the "B" key on the F-Key1 keylinc to trigger the event instead.

The status of F-Key1-G is intended to toggle whether the ding-dong should be active, and of course it is time limited in its activity to the day.

Unfortunately, regardless of the status of the"G" key on the F-Key1 keylinc, toggling F-Key1-B on the keyline to ON will always sound the gong. It just seems like it is ignoring this statement as a disqualifier ...

And Status 'family rm / F-Key1 - G - sensor' is On

ISY confirms that F-Key - G is OFF for the test.

What am I doing wrong?

* Orest

Hello Orest,

At a first glance, everything looks good and I did a test here and it worked fine.

Can you do me a favor? Please create a folder, put the time constraint as the condition for the folder. Move this program in that folder and then remove the time condition.

Please retry and let me know if you are still having issue. Please also note that On means 100%. Although this does not make any difference for KPL buttons, but for future reference, if you want to refer to 1% to 99% then you must use Not Off.

With kind regards,

Michel

Tried a few things, and then changed the trigger button from FKey1 - B to FKey1 - D, then it worked!

I had another little program I had set up earlier just to test out the ding-donger, it had been triggered by FKey - B, so it would keep running and ding-dong, when the program in question that we were puzzling over, did not. :oops:

Ah well. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you. Thanks.

* Orest

No, they were set to default toggle on/toggle off.

But, there were two programs triggering on FKey1 - B, on was blocked by the status of FKey1 - G, but the other was just a straight through IF/THEN. Both THEN's just did a ding-dong. No matter what you did to the first program, the second would still ding dong.

The other issue that confused the picture, somehow the labels in ISY for FKey1 - D and FKey1 - E and had been swapped, no doubt when I was labeling them. I finally realized that by looking at the status report.

Things are working as they should now.

* Orest

Archived