Cannot Communicate With ....

oskrypuch

Cannot Communicate With K-Key - 1 - All ON (16 7B 91 1). Please check connections.

However, the Keylinc switch shows its status correctly in ISY, and the buttons are responding correctly to scene changes.

I've tried air gapping the KL, did not make a difference.

Do I have a problem?

What should I try next?

* Orest

Hello Orest,

The problem might be that your KPL is responding with a NACK. If you can query the device properly, then the only thing I can suggest is this:

1. Factory reset your KPL and then try the query again. If it gives you the same error while still working, then I suspect a defective KPL

2. If it works properly and without errors, then please right mouse click on the KPL and then choose Restore Device

Is it possible that you have some programs that might be trying to communicate with this KPL simultaneously?

With kind regards,

Michel

"1. Factory reset your KPL and then try the query again. If it gives you the same error while still working, then I suspect a defective KPL"

That was the result. The switch is new. So it may well be defective.

This is going to be a complicated thing to try to explain to tech support to try to get return on. Any suggestions?

* Orest

If you want to go the extra step you could connect the device to an extension cord and try it in different outlets. I doubt if Smarthome will ask you to do that.

Rand

"1. Factory reset your KPL and then try the query again. If it gives you the same error while still working, then I suspect a defective KPL"

That was the result. The switch is new. So it may well be defective.

This is going to be a complicated thing to try to explain to tech support to try to get return on. Any suggestions?

* Orest

Archived