Release 2.8.12 Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Now, the changes between 2.8.11 and 2.8.12 are so minimal that it's quite surprising to note difficulties. For those who are having problems and are not listed by name above, would you be kind enough to let me know:

1. Do you have DSCLinc or any type of REST application which might be activating programs

2. Do you have any other ISY clients (such as MobiLinc, Conductor, TouchSwitch, etc.)

3. Have you used File | Enable Internet Access to enable Internet Access? If so, please disable and check again. Lately, with many new routers (especially Verizon and ActionTec), UPnP has been causing interoperability issues with ISY

Michel:

All three apply to my configuration, but the apparent culprit is #3 (I have an ActionTec router).

I disabled Internet access and reinstalled 2.8.12. The system is stable now and works fine with MobiLinc and other REST applications.

Thanks,

-Jim

Along with Clock/Time not being restored, all of my battery lincs had to restored ( remotelincs, triggerlincs and motion sensors ).

Also my EZX10-RF had to be restored.

Also all controlincs no longer show status.

I will be working on that soon.

This is kind of strange but I am adding scenes today and I swear yesterday they added very fast. Today after the 2.8.12 update when I click new scene and title it, i get the system busy bar which takes at least 30 seconds to create the empty scene. Is that correct? I really think it was seconds yesterday.

Hi Michel, after hrs of mine acting up 1/2 the day i did a factory reset and like GeorgeRufle & jsandlin. after several attemps had to hold the button over 20 seconds. reloaded latest backup and am now running fine. the about says it's 2.8.12 even though i restored 2.8.11 back up. is that right?

Also I have a 6 button remotelinc. I did the option to rename all 6 buttons with a suffix. Name was Basement Remote Button- 1, 2, 3, etc.

Each time it asked me for the suffix, it took over 30 seconds before it asked for the next button. I swear yesterday I added one before the upgrade and it was type 1,2,3,4,5,6 really quick and THEN it updated them all. Was this a change?

This time I upgraded EXACTLY per the instructions. Version number rolled first time. Everything thing seems to be working properly, except learning new IR codes.

BACKGROND

1. because the default codes conflicted with other IR codes, I had previously deleted the default codes and picked a Philips remote and used it to send the AUX digits 0 through 9. Of course I had to modify the default codes download to my Harmony remote to match as well. Since then I have been using my harmony remote for nearly a year to control lighting scenes without any problems.

LEARNING MODE PROBLEM

2. Now I am trying to get the ISY to learn some additional codes. First I used the new remote to make sure the codes did not conflict with the existing codes learned by the ISY.

3. Then i proceed to follow the instructions entering learning mode and depressing the button on the new remote I want the ISY to learn. The ISY indicated that it as entered learning mode, but when i depress the buttons, they are not added to the IR code list. The remote I am trying to get the ISY to learn are the buttons off a Comcast DTA remote.

UPDATE: I even tried to get my ISY to learn other codes from the Philips TV remote I used to program the ISY originally and of course I verified the previously programmed codes do still work.

QUESTIONS

Is there a problem with 2.8.12 or is thee some limitation that prohibits the ISY from learning codes from a Comcast DTA remote?

Elvis

FYI, I have the network and weather modules installed

UPDATE

I think i found my answer. I have read the Comcast DTA uses UEI XMP protocol. I think the ISY only supports RC5, not RC6 or any other protocol. Not sure if this is a hardware or software limitation.

I really wish the icons in the Java Applet matched all units like a Lamp Module would show a light bulb maybe in a rectangle and a regular dimmer switch would just be a light bulb. An icon for applicance modules and relay switches, etc.

I want at a glance to see what type of devices are on and off.

MacJeff

Hi All,

Release 2.8.13 is now available: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=5867 .

This release should fix the intermittent hang on start up when using UPnP port forwarding rules. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

elvisimprsntr

Yes, indeed. ISY only supports RC5 and NOT RC6.

macjeff

If your scene creation is slow, please make sure you do NOT have any devices in pending write mode (green 0101 icon).

With kind regards,

Michel