Venstar control based on Elk M1 status?

relay

Hi there,

I may have gotten a bit ahead of myself but I was under the impression that I could control Insteon devices based upon the status of the ELK M1 system?

Specifically, since our schedule is very flexible, it is hard to program the Venstar thermostats for daily programs. I would like to control the thermostats based on the whether the Elk M1 is armed in an away mode or not. I would like to leave the thermostats in program Auto mode most of the time but change them to a 10 degree heat setback (or 10 degree raise for AC mode) when the Elk is armed in an away mode.

Additionally, to expand on this I would like to have separate programs for a weekend away and a longer term vacation mode (1 week +) that would set the heat back to something like 45 degrees and turn the AC off altogether.

Can this be accomplished with the current level of integration between the Elk M1 and the ISY99i?

I have the M1XEP, 3 Venstar 1800s, Elk M1/M1XEP/ISY99i all at latest firmware.

Thanks!

Relay,

The elk can not communicate with a venstar thermostat at the present time.

A way you can accomplish this task is to have an ISY-99 look for a KPL light and based on which one is illuminated, which elk can turn on or off based on armed status, will control the venstar with a program.

J Double U

yes I u understand. You would have to get a keypadlinc(KPL)

When you are the elk then light1 is turned on, disarm then light2 is turned on, vacation then light3 is turned on and so on.

On the isy

when light 1 turns on then set ac/heat -/+ 10 degrees.

when light 2 turns on then set ac/heat to normal.

and so on.

Hope this helps.

J Double U

Ah ha. Thanks!

So, we really don't have much integration between these two still? Really just the lighting....

Rather disappointed, I was under the impression that these two were a great combination to get started with.

Ok, so is there any How To's around to do this?

I have a spare unused 6 button Keypadlinc that I can use for this.

I assume I use the automation logic in the ELK to control the lights on the Keypadlinc. Not sure where to get started from there.

Thanks for continued help!! Very much appreciated.

First go into your elk and write your rules to turn on a specific light for each arm cycle.

On disarm you will have the elk turn off all lights on kpl

Once you get this done post here and I will write your first rule for you on the isy and then you can copy it for the other arming cycle

• 9 months later...

Archived