Strange Scene Behavior

jgraziano

I have a scene that turns off two lamps by setting them to 0 and sets several others to various dim levels.

It normally fires at 11 pm, but I wanted a manual control also so I programmed a CL button set so pressing either one would set the scene (didn't want to just link it because it would seem counterintuitive to press the ON button to turn most of the lamps OFF).

Intermittently one of the lamps will not go to 0%. It's always the same one. It's status goes to OFF, but it remains ON. It responds fine individually with its linked button set on the same CL, so it's not a comm or module issue. It also works perfectly when turning the scene on manually in the console, as well as via an X10 trigger from a Maxi Controller. It seems to be strictly a CL issue.

Anyone seen a similar problem?

Thanks.

I can also trigger it from an X10 controller, which works fine.

If

Time is 11:00:00PM

Or X10 'G16/Off (11)' is Received

Or X10 'G16/On (3)' is Received

Or Control 'CL2 Ch4 - 11 PM Shutdown' is switched On

Or Control 'CL2 Ch4 - 11 PM Shutdown' is switched Off

Then

Set Scene 'SC-11 PM Shutdown' On

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

jgraziano,

I don't think this is a CL issue simply because out of the two devices in your scene one works and one doesn't. I believe it has to do with the device itself not getting the group command (or not responding to it). My suggestions:

1. Check your logs for -2 and see if you have any for that device (device comm error)

2. If you do, try an airgap/reboot on the device in question and follow it up with 4 or 5 queries

3. If 1 does not fix the problem, try Restore Device

Please do let me know what you find.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a scene that turns off two lamps by setting them to 0 and sets several others to various dim levels.

It normally fires at 11 pm, but I wanted a manual control also so I programmed a CL button set so pressing either one would set the scene (didn't want to just link it because it would seem counterintuitive to press the ON button to turn most of the lamps OFF).

Intermittently one of the lamps will not go to 0%. It's always the same one. It's status goes to OFF, but it remains ON. It responds fine individually with its linked button set on the same CL, so it's not a comm or module issue. It also works perfectly when turning the scene on manually in the console, as well as via an X10 trigger from a Maxi Controller. It seems to be strictly a CL issue.

Anyone seen a similar problem?

Thanks.

I did not have any -2 in the log.

I don't think it's a comm error anyway, because the scene control works fine from X10 trigger and manual control from the console, and that lamp works fine via manual control from the ISY as well.

I'll do some more tests when I get a chance and don't risk getting the 'enough with the lights already.' :lol:

Archived