mixed ON & OFF in scene

oskrypuch

In ISY I want to set up a scene where a keylinc button being ON, is linked to an appliancelinc being OFF, and of course vice versa. The keylinc is of course the controller. I will also manipulate the scene from ISY statements.

The scene is set up easily enough, but how do I amend the behavior of the two devices in that ISY scene, so that they end up being "opposite" action? In other words, when I command the scene ON, the keylinc button should turn ON, and the appliancelinc will turn its relay OFF. Equivalently, when you turn the keylinc button ON manually, the appliancelinc should turn off.

* Orest

Hi Orest,

Turning the ApplianceLinc Off when turning on the scene is not an issue.

Select the scene and set the ApplianceLinc to Off.

Select the KPL button within the scene and set the ApplianceLinc to Off.

This will work when turning the scene On.

But the opposite will require a program. Scenes, by definition, when switched off will turn all devices off.

Rand

In ISY I want to set up a scene where a keylinc button being ON, is linked to an appliancelinc being OFF, and of course vice versa. The keylinc is of course the controller. I will also manipulate the scene from ISY statements.

The scene is set up easily enough, but how do I amend the behavior of the two devices in that ISY scene, so that they end up being "opposite" action? In other words, when I command the scene ON, the keylinc button should turn ON, and the appliancelinc will turn its relay OFF. Equivalently, when you turn the keylinc button ON manually, the appliancelinc should turn off.

* Orest

Archived