Release 3.1.1 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

I have had this problem for a few versions now.

Program is disabled, and not set to run on startup. On startup it not executing like intended; However ISY is evaluating its condition and setting it to true, which isn't ideal in my situation.

Is this intended?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Yes, this is intended and is part of the initialization pass for programs.

I am still having issues setting the ramp rate on my lamplinc (haven't tested with other devices). A downgrade to 3.1.0 fixed the issues. I tried to re-upgrade to 3.1.1 to see if it was a fluke, but once again changing the ramp rate is not taking. I did test changing the on level, and those settings worked fine for me.

Can anyone else confirm this?

iostream212

I cannot confirm the results you are seeing on 3.1.1.

I set the ramp rate on a LampLinc as a responder to a RemoteLinc button to 19 seconds. The LampLinc ramped up over 19 seconds when turned On with the RemoteLinc button.

I set the LampLinc Local Ramp Rate to 8.5 seconds. Turning the LampLinc lamp On using the lamp (load) On switch and turning the LampLinc On through the Admin Console both have the expected 8.5 second Ramp Rate.

It was necessary to power cycle the LampLinc for the Local Ramp Rate change to take effect. This is a characteristic of the LampLinc, not related to 3.1.1.

What type of LampLinc are you using and what is the firmware level?

Lee

EDIT: this test was run on a 2456D3 with firmware v.33

I installed 3.3.1 a couple days ago. The only thing I see broken at the moment is my evening and morning programs to adjust the ramp rate and on levels dont seem to run - either as they did under stable code, or trying to run the "else" manually. As they are in a deferent room from my systems, Im not sure if the beep is working either (Ive been too tired to hear it at sunrise - when they are set to beep a couple times.... working for my in-laws for free this last week)

The switches are 2476D's v 37 & 38 firmware.

LeeG,

Thanks for the info. You were right and the power cycle caused the changes to take. I have not heard of this before. Has then always been the way with LampLinc's or is this just with the newer dual band ones? The one I was testing on is a dual band and is listed in ISY as 'B2457D2 BiPhy v.3A'.

iostream212

I was using a non Dual Band LampLinc. Some devices recognize that the memory locations have been changed and immediately switch to the new values. Other devices (including other than LampLincs) require the firmware in the device to be rebooted (power cycled) to pick up the new changes. Any time a configuration change is made that does not take effect, often a power cycle will resolve.

Responder values for On Level and Ramp Rate do not require a power cycle as the link records that are being changed by the ISY are retrieved by the device each time the device is reacting as a responder device. It is the Local configuration data that may require a power cycle.

Lee