Choice of PLM with ISY-99

MickBehr

PLM 2412S 2413S Is there a reason (other than price & availability) to choose one over the other? I know the 2412S can provide the power for the ISY-99 - so one less wall wart I guess, and the 2413S is dual band. Other PLM options for use with ISY-99?

Just want to understand if the ISY-99 is hindered or bound by the 2412S compared to the 2413S, before I take the plunge.

The 2412S PLM supports 2000+ links, the 2413S supports 1000+ links. Only a factor in very large installations and/or with many Scenes.

The 2413S has a faster processor but not likely will make any difference in day to day operation.

The 2412S provides 12V DC to power the ISY, the 2413S does not.

The 2413S is a Dual Band device (RF communication as well as powerline), the 2412S is powerline only.

As far as the primary function of allowing an application to communicate with the powerline they are identical devices with identical command sets. An application issues the same commands whether a 2412S or 2413S. Many applications do not know whether using a 2412S or 2413S PLM.

These are the two PLMs that work with the ISY for Insteon support.

2412S has been discontinued for a fairly long time now.

I believe Simplehomenet makes an equivalent to the 2412S.

I have seen no feedback on how it works with an ISY99i.

I have the Simplehomenet 2412S running my home network and no issues whatsoever. I also have the 2413S at my house but am testing the 2412S so it is unused currently. Both seem to work well (I can't tell any difference and I have about 80 devices, although less than 40 Scenes). I will probably switch back to the 2413S for the RF but either PLM would work. I also like using a seperate power supply for the ISY so I can have a UPS powering it which is important in Florida with our regular momentary outages.

Archived