No log.

Joe Dunn

I'm migrating my X10 system to mostly Insteon. I started with some lighting activities. Then I programmed my sprinklers in X!0. That worked fine. I just converted my sprinkler relays to Insteon. I can communicate with the new relays individually. My sprinkler program runs but, the sprinklers don't work. So, I looked at my log and it is empty. How can I turn it on?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Dunn

For this type of debugging I suggest using the Event Viewer. Invoke Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer and select Device communications events option from pulldown.

Device communications will be traced in the Event Viewer window and can be saved in a file if desired.

Lee

Lee,

I appreciate your help. On further investigation I discovered I had failed to save the program changes. Does that happen a lot?

I will check out the event viewer. I'm sure it will come in handy some time.

I would still like to know how to get the log running.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe

On further investigation I discovered I had failed to save the program changes. Does that happen a lot?

I made that mistake often in the beginning.

I would still like to know how to get the log running.

What happens when using Tools | Log? Any prompt messages? What actually happens?

Lee

I go to Tools and select log. I select Excel format. Then there's a warning about macros. Time before last I declined macros and received nothing. This time I accepted macros and got over 44,000 log entries in an Excel spread sheet.

I would like to trim that down a lot. But I don't know how. Maybe the only option is to erase the whole log. Which is what I might do.

Joe

Archived