Need to query nearly every evening

tome

My system seems to be out of sync nearly every evening when I look at it. Things seem to operate ok, except that a program that I have that monitors the status of my garage door says that door is up when it isn't and then later it is commanded to put the door down but nothing happens because the door is already down.

I have been in the habit of checking it each night and I often see the wrong status on many of the devices. I have to run a query on each device, or do a Restore PLM and then everything is back in sync. I am running 2.8.16.

Is this a PLM problem or an ISY problem?

Tom

tome

Does the IO Linc have the Trigger Reverse option set?

Using Trigger Reverse reverses the On/Off commands the IO Linc sends but does not reverse the Query response. If Query is used with Trigger Reverse the results can be what you describe.

Could also be a simple powerline communication problem as the IO Linc is often one of the most distant devices in the network.

Lee

EDIT; reread your post and realized the status issue is not limited to the IO Linc. The Trigger Reverse can be a problem. However, if multiple devices are not maintaining accurate status it is likely you have powerline issues. Could be a PLM problem but that is less probable than noise or signal attenuation problems.

I do not have trigger reverse set, and this particular device has worked fine for a long time and only recently started giving me problems. And, as I said, I am having status problems with most of the devices on my system. It only seems to be a temporary problem and once I query everything and get them in sync I can command everything just fine.

Tom

tome

Thanks for the information on the IO Linc. After doing a Query and the device status is correct in the Admin Console, does it stay in sync as the device is manually turned On and Off. If the device status change is not updated it could be a link record problem. Each device must have a Controller link record pointing to the ISY PLM and the ISY PLM must have a Responder link record pointing back to the individual device. If the device status is not being updated and a Restore Modem (PLM) resolves the problem it is a link record problem. If this is the case and with multiple devices having the same issue the likely cause is the PLM.

If the device does report status after the Query the link records are intact and powerline issues are suspect. Do devices always control each other but the ISY Admin Console does not correctly reflect status. This would point to some sort of noise or signal attenuation in the area of the PLM plug point. Not uncommon considering the equipment that is often also plugged at the same location. May need FilterLincs to isolate that equipment.

Lee

Archived