Nodes

gregseigs1

gregseigs1

At some point the Link Management | Start Linking option was probably selected. The PLM LED would be blinking initially as Michel described. That option is used to add devices to the ISY when the device addresses are not known or devices are to be discovered by pressing the Set button for example. The Start Linking option should have displayed a modal popup message. Being modal it should have prevented access to ALL underlying ISY function until Start Linking is complete. Sounds like the modal popup message was not displayed which can happen when there is a fire wall problem. The Discovering nodes message comes up when other ISY function is being attempted while in Start Linking mode, at least that is what was happening the last time I saw a user report that symptom. The firewall prevented the modal popup from being displayed so no visible indication (except PLM blinking LED) the ISY was waiting for hear from Insteon devices. Also without the popup there was no “Finish†button to click on. I believe that user was running Kaspersky which had not been configured. There is a Wiki (I think) article on how to configure Kaspersky.

Are you using Kaspersky?

Lee

Archived