Unable to use Morning Linc Status in programs

mfolan

I would like to use the status of my morninglinc devices (locked/unlocked) in programs.

However, when creating an if statement, I select 'status', my morninglincs are not listed in the device drop down list.

Is it possible to execute a program based on the status of a morninglinc? Has anyone done this?

(I am using firmware 3.1.5)

In case anyone is curious, I love the MorningLincs, but the beeps they make keep freaking out my dogs. I want to send the lock command only when the door is unlocked so that the pups can relax :-)

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Thanks for your reply Michel.

I had been using http:///admin. I cleared my java cache, and switched to the URL you suggested, but the results were the same. No morningLincs in the drop down list for a status condition.

In retrospect my use case probably isn't very sound, since the deadbolt does not have two way communication. But, I would like to know if it is possible.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Mike,

After a rather heated discussion with our team, I may have to retract my comments. MorningLinc status can never be queried and thus the state of the device is never known with any level of certainty. i.e. if you open/close your doors manually, the status will be out of synch with ISY. The only way ISY would know of the status is if the device was locked/unlocked from the ISY itself. For most doors, this is much more infrequent than opening and closing doors manually.

So, any programs based on the status of MorningLinc might cause major security risks.

With kind regards,

Michel

There is also a warning on the MorningLinc's sales page.

Basically it converts a Insteon command to an RF command the lock understands.

It is a one way command and the MorningLinc has no way to verify if the lock received and processed the command.

Also local locking and unlocking will not be sent back from the lock.

http://www.smarthome.com/2458A1/Morning ... ler/p.aspx

• 5 months later...

Sorry to post to an old thread, but I just got my morninglinc and love it :)

I would like to second the addition of the query.. The status does show in the ISY.. I realize it's a potential security risk, but it is better than nothing, and can always issue a second lock\unlock command for safety. I think the ability to at least use it in a program is a neccesity.. Even if there's a pre-requisite prompt about the security risk etc.

Archived