What's in Release 2.6.1

Michel Kohanim

The 2.6.1 beta release is now available. If interested, please send an email to support@universal-devices.com

Fixes

- Workaround for KPLs (1.5+) showing as LampLinc BIPHY

- Power outage issue: ISY will use a new IP address if one is issued any time after the boot up. Previously, ISY would give up (slow routers) after 3 retries

- Java Exception when removing a device the table was not updated correctly

- Daylight Saving flag was always set to true when adjusting the time to the computers clock

- The slider for a relay in a scene was not being updated back to its original state if the operation was canceled (neither on nor off)

- Clicking to the left/right of the slider or using the left/right arrow keys were ignored

- Enable Internet Access: null now shows a failure message instead

- No replacement menu available for RemoteLincs

- 'Program Run/Program Run Else' failed if a program tried to run itself

- SocketTimeout exception when loading a large number of programs

- Explicit Query no longer clears the status of non-load devices (such as KPL secondary buttons, RL buttons, IRLinc buttons, etc.)

Enhancements

UDMobile Support

- HTTPS Support

- HTTP and HTTPS ports can now be changed using the CWP Shell Command

- HTTP default port is now 80

- HTTPS default port is now 443

- Simple HTML page both in HTTP/HTTPS which can be used by Mobile devices ... no more Java

- Certificate issues remain to be resolved

X10

- Added support for sending/testing for X10 unit code separate from X10 command code and vice-versa

Programming

- Added Fade Up/Down/Stop to programs (both conditions and actions)

- Can use a program to set other programs to 'Run/Not Run At Reboot' (for power outage recovery)

- Specify from 0-100% for dimmable devices (100% shows as 'On', 0% shows as 'Off')

GUI

- Changed Reset History to Clear Log

- In case of non-Linux clients, one can now selectively decide to save the log (CSV) or view it in Excel

- Applied Locally is now on the main view as well

- AutoUpdate no longer pops up whenever the Admin Console is started. Rather - and as a compromise - there will be a reminder (in text) at the top right corder of the Status bar

- Progress bar when programs are loading

General

- In the shell, configure default number of insteon command retries

- Automatic increase in insteon command retries for long running commands (eg. restore devices)

- Automatically reorganize links for KeypadLinc LED backlight (no need to add them to scenes in specific order)

INSTEON

- Added support for Companion 2 Wire devices (2474S/D)

- Added support for KPL Countdown Timers (2484DWH8)

- Added support for KPL (v2) sub-buttons controlling the on-level/ramp rate for the local load

- Added support for IRLinc

- Added programming features for thermostats

- Add New INSTEON device now supports providing the type of device to be added

SHN

- Added support for EZSwitch30 (minimal testing)

- Added support for EZIO4O (minimal testing)

- Added support for EZIO6I (minimal testing)

- Added support for EZSnSRF

- Added support for EZX10RF (untested)

• 3 weeks later...

That's ok; I screwed up my PC anyways. :roll:

It had some .net issue on my machine and Microsoft's forum said to remove then reinstall. I did the remove and now can't reinstall it no matter what I try (reg edits, safe mode attempts, system restores, etc), its starting to look like reinstalling the OS is the fix, so I have gotten myself a project. With java using .net I can't get into my ISY anyways. :cry:

Mark,

This is not good! Good luck ...

With kind regards,

Michel

That's ok; I screwed up my PC anyways. :roll:

It had some .net issue on my machine and Microsoft's forum said to remove then reinstall. I did the remove and now can't reinstall it no matter what I try (reg edits, safe mode attempts, system restores, etc), its starting to look like reinstalling the OS is the fix, so I have gotten myself a project. With java using .net I can't get into my ISY anyways. :cry:

Hi Michel or Chris,

Will this next drop have an 'x' or some other indication in the program tree when a program is disabled. Didn't see it in the enhancement list, but I can still hope!

I guess it's too soon for that Program Summary Filter. :lol:

jgraziano,

Unfortunately I don't think we'll have enough time to do both. We shall see ...

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel or Chris,

Will this next drop have an 'x' or some other indication in the program tree when a program is disabled. Didn't see it in the enhancement list, but I can still hope!

I guess it's too soon for that Program Summary Filter. :lol:

Hi Falco,

Except for Saturdays, you should normally expect a reply within a couple of hours. If you still haven't received the link to Beta download, please do follow up with another email to support@universal-devices.com

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

How long does it normally take for an email reply?

Kinda got a dead KPL here... =/