Disapperaring scenes in Admin panel

RBC

I recently created a scene using two keypad links and several switchlinks. The keypads worked correctly. The admin panel also worked correctly. I backed up the isy and shut down the computer. I am using your isy 26.

Today when restarting the computer and opening the admin panel, I found the control of the devices to be messed up. The ramp rates and on levels were all scrambled. I tried several attempts to query the various devices hoping that things would reset with no luck. The actual keypads still work correctly, correct ramp rates and levels.

I restarted the computer several times, cleared the java cache with no change. Now, finally upon one more restart, I find the scene to be missing completely from the admin panel as well as several of the buttons on one of the keypad links.

I tried to run the backup isy but get to about 60% and find an error indicating socket time out and something about file size incorrect.

My actual keypads still work correctly---lights come on with correct ramp rate, buttons on keypad links light---everything works. Is there anyway to get the working hardware (switch and keypad links) to update the isy? or should I just delete the devices on the admin panel, reset the devices and start over?

I have several saved backup files in my isy26 folder, how can I tell which isy program is loaded in the admin panel?

Michel,

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please look at my earlier Forum question dated Aug 16, 2011 about "ISY user interface--"

I followed the suggestion and when using the abc.xxx.0.3 url still was unable to get the admin console to start.

Background--for many months I have been using my main PC (hardwired to the network router) and was always successful getting to the admin console by typing url isy/admin, this would bring up the screen where I would need to enter the user name "admin" and the pw "admin" to get the console running. I would briefly see a small Java window open in the lower left corner of the screen and then end up at the admin console.

I really can't recall the time line on when my log on problems started but---just recently I started using a second computer (old laptop connected wireless to the router) to do the isy programming as I was able to move it around the house when setting up the devices. My log on problems are most likely related to adding this computer?? as this is when I started seeing these log on problems. Switching between two computers causing the glitch is in the back of my mind.

URL choices---I read one of the wiki suggestions on several ways to launch the admin console. Here is what happens currently. (laptop pc running windows xp pro)

1. when trying the url //isy/admin (which always worked before) I see a screen open showing Universal-Devices logo, upper left corner of the screen against an off-color, pinkish background, the Java window (lower left corner) runs for a few seconds and then another window opens clearly showing the Java logo and prompts for authentication, I enter the username "admin" and pw "admin", the Java window in the lower left corner comes up with an "error" and I am stuck.

2. when trying the url abc.xxx.0.3, I immediately get a window showing My Lighting with the tabs of Devices, Scenes, Programs, Admin Console. I select Admin Console and then am prompted for name and pw. when entering admin, admin the screen changes to the same as in #1 above--pinkish color,etc., The Java window runs for a few seconds (the graphic circles about), disappears and then in the same location (lower left corner)I get a screen showing "error" I can select the error screen to get details which takes me into Java world.

3. when trying http://www.universal-devices/99i---everything works, I see a white background screen with the Universal-Devices logo shown in blue, the Java window opens (lower left corner) spins about for a few seconds and then the screen goes to the light blue background admin conosle where I am prompted to logon with admin, admin. All works and I am able to see the My Lighting screen with all my devices.

Conclusion---all of this baffles me as I have a weak background in url workings and what is going on behind the scenes. Where I am now---I use choice #3 above and see My Lighting with three scenes and devices that have been working, and continue to work just fine. These have been in place for months---way before any of this logon problem. I don't really know where the admin console lives, I assume it is on board the isy? or somehow part of Java?

The new devices and scenes I recently added do not show in My Lighting---they disappeared or were lost somehow, somewhere. The new devices, when operated at the keypads still work correctly. Is there an easy way to get the actual devices to update the ISY? which would then show correctly in the admin console. OR can you just get me on the right track when logging on to avoid this mystery happening again---I could have simply gone back and started over, had everything working again in less time that it took to write all of this. I just really want to know what I did that messed this up in the first place.

Hello RBC,

I do apologize for tardy reply and all the confusion.

Admin Console is simply a Java application which can be served up from any web server. ISY has a web server so you can access the Admin Console going to http://your.isy.ip.address/admin ... alternatively, you can use the website URL.

The preferred method is the website since it will SEARCH your network for your ISY and will find it even if the IP has changed.

As far as losing your newly added devices/scenes, were they added through ISY or did you manually link your devices? If the latter, then ISY would not be able to find them.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

To answer your last question---the missing scenes and devices were added using the isy. I made the effort to "restore isy" and was successful in getting a much earlier saved version of an isy backup to load.

When trying to load the latest backup (which should include the missing scenes and devices) I get a "socket time out" error and a "failed, reported written size is invalid"

Question: 1. how can I tell which backup file is loaded? and

2. why can't I get to the admin console using your suggested http://abc.def.x.y/admin---again as stated in the earlier forum reply---I am finding a login window clearly marked with the JAVA logo prompting for name and pw---when entering admin, admin--I get error---application failed to run

3.When doing an isy backup, I get an error unable to read conf/22 a file shows in my directory but I assume it is corrupt

RBC

Hello RBC,

Unfortunately I think you may have a corrupted SD Card.

The choices are limited as it's not easy to change the SD Card on ISY26. Furthermore - and based on your explanation - I am not entirely sure that your old backups are OK.

Anyway, we'll send you an email with possible options.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived