All in one thermostat 2491T

cscahhal

I have an all in one thermostat, Insteon 2491T. It is operating correctly and my ISY is able to control it. The thermostat shows up in MobiLinc as a light switch which does not appear to control anything.

Since the 2491T is a recently introduced device, am I correct in assuming that there needs to be some modification to the app before the app can control the thermostat? My ISY was not initially able to control the device, and the good folks at Universal Devices were able to fix the problem in a recent beta software release.

Thanks in advance.

Hi cscahhal,

You are correct. With each new device both the ISY firmware and MobiLinc needs to be updated to support the new device. If you are using Android our current 1.1.3 release supports this thermostat. If on iOS we should have an update approved by Apple this week that will support this thermostat as well.

Wes

UPDATE: Apple approved our update last night. Please download the new version of MobiLinc and perform a full sync to force MobiLinc to reassign your All in one thermostat as a thermostat.

Hi cscahhal,

Which ISY firmware are you using? I see in the latest firmware 3.1.6 that I sometimes do not receive the Fan State from the ISY. In this case MobiLinc will not display a value for the fan state until the ISY sends that data along. To force the ISY to send that data log into the ISY Admin Console and set the fan state to ON or Auto to force the ISY to send that data to MobiLinc. This seems to happen after the ISY has been power cycled in my case.

Wes

Hi Wes,

Fan state is only available through the Fan Control mode which is ONLY published when the fan turns on/off.

Fan Mode is something that we have never been able to query (Auto vs. On). So, the only status you get is what you did through ISY. And, therefore, it's transitory and does not persist after reboot.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived