Signalinc (not a question)

MarkJames

I found something interesting today that I thought I'd share. The technogeeks amongst us will probably understand why this is but it took me the better part of two hours to sort out.

I use my ISY for most of my HA but I run homeseer with the mcsSprinklers plugin to control my irrigation system. I've thought of using an EZ-flora but I have 12 zones so I'd have to buy 2 of them and that's $$$

I have an A10 powerline coupler repeater to ensure that my X-10 signals get to my X10 based irrigation controler (16 zones - it occupies a full house code). Recently I moved my signalinc to the same circuit as the A10. I saw no problem with that but there sure was.

I noticed today that my garden was VERY dry. I tried running my zones but none of them would turn on. The X-10 signal was showing in the ISY diagnostic window but the A10 tx/rx light wasn't flickering and the irrigation controller wasn't turning on. After a bunch of troubleshooting I disconnected the signalinc from the circuit. Shazam it all started working again.

Turns out that you can't have a signalinc and an A10 coupler/repeater on the same circuit. The signalinc completely wipes out the X-10 signal. I have no idea why but I'm glad I stumbled into this without buying anything.

mark

Archived