Debugging Network Resource Problem?

matapan

I created a network resource which was created while my ISY was running firmware version 2.8.16.

My system became unstable for some reason, and I restored an old backup which didn't contain the resource and then upgraded to firmware version 3.1.9.

After recreating the network resource, I found that it would not run the command specified from the Admin Console. I tried the same URL in a browser and verified it works.

What is the next step in identifying the problem?

The URL looks something like this:

http://localhost/~username/script.php?q=run

The network resource definition looks like this:

GET /~username/script.php?q=run HTTP/1.1

Host: localhost:80

Content-Length: 0

in Raw Text format.

When I had the resource successfully running in 2.8.16, the address used was not localhost but the computer's local IP address. This worked at that time, but no longer.

Using the (Test) button at the bottom of the panel in the Admin Console, upon first invocation, I get a "Request Failed" error, with N/A showing in the Resource Response window.

From my browser running locally, I can call the same URL and get a response. What is wrong here?

Interestingly enough, the firewall was blocking the network resource request from ISY. The same request works through Safari.

What is the difference between the way a network resource request is made and how a browser makes the same request? Why does this work through the browser, but is blocked otherwise?

matapan,

The difference is the source of the request. In the case of Safari, the request is made from the same device (i.e. your computer). In the case of ISY, the request is made from ISY to your computer and thus there has to be rules in your MAC that allow traffic from ISY to communicate with services on your MAC.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived