How "delicate" is the ISY->Elk XML file?

WayneW

I want to change some stuff in my ISY-26. I want to upgrade my ISY-26 to an ISY-99 when the Elk option becomes available. But I do not want to have to edit all my Elk lighting rules right now. My ISY-26 has worked so well, I haven't touched it much since I upgraded from the XSP/PLM.

1) How much and what kind of stuff can be changed in the ISY, without affecting the XML file and/or needing to re-import to Elk? Obviously adding a new device would require a new XML file, but will my old devices also "move around" in the XML file, which requires editing Elk rules?

2) Can I upgrade from the 26 to the 99 without having to change anything on the Elk side?

Any word on if the new Elk integration will change things with regards to the XML file and where devices land in the Elk lighting map? Will that be controllable?

Hi WayneW,

Any type of change to the structure of nodes (i.e. adding/removing devices/scenes) will change the Export file and thus you will have to import it again.

As such, I do not recommend any changes to your system till such time that you have both 99 and ELK module installed.

The new ELK module should allow for some configuration on the nodes that are imported to ELK. We are at the final stages of testing the ELK module so it should be available shortly.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived