All Off – Revisited

OK, I have read a few of the early All Off posts, and thought I would revisit this issue with the current firmware – 2.3

With a KeypadLinc…how to go about making one button (we’ll say D) just send an OFF command to the devices in the scene (we’ll say Whole House)…and if some of those devices are on the same KeypadLinc (ie: A,B or C) with the device turn off and the A,B or C light on the KeypadLinc go off?

Thanks, Jim

there are methods to do stuff like this - but it takes some thinking and triggers

d = turn on or off everything in the room (where everything = overhead and lamplinc - but you can do more than two)

a = linked to lamplinc (i created a scene to link the a button and the lamplinc - not the press and set method)

load = overhead light

set up two triggers with the conditions being

when d is pressed on (or off)

responses

turn off overhead light (assign the device)

and

turn off the scene that linked the a button and the lamplinc (not the button a or the lamplinc itself)

i know it makes people shudder to use triggers - and i avoid it where possible - makes sense to assign function to the network, offloading the task from the isy where possible - that 'no load and button link on the same keypad' is a - um - bear to overcome

there might be better solutions but i have not discovered it yet - i use the same type of setup for each room - and played with a mack daddy button that does more than should be done

a description of what i did and how i did it is found here

http://mysite.verizon.net/respkm62/sloo ... asterplan/

suggestions welcomed

Howdy Sloop....

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying to do a Whole House off (about 15 devices) and it not toggle back on. The XYL would shoot me if all the lights got toggled on by mistake.

Jim

HAS,

Choose a KPL and make the button you wish to do all off a non-toggle button. When you click on the KPL button, on your right bottom you will see a button called "Toggle Mode". When you make that button Non-Toggle in "off" position, then every time you click on that button it sends out an Off command.

With regards,

Michel

Howdy Sloop....

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying to do a Whole House off (about 15 devices) and it not toggle back on. The XYL would shoot me if all the lights got toggled on by mistake.

Jim

HAS,

Choose a KPL and make the button you wish to do all off a non-toggle button. When you click on the KPL button, on your right bottom you will see a button called "Toggle Mode". When you make that button Non-Toggle in "off" position, then every time you click on that button it sends out an Off command.

With regards,

Michel

Works! Yippie!

OK, how to make the A,B and C KPL lights go off when D (all off) is pressed?

HAS,

Is D controller for a scene? If so, drop in A, B, and C as "responders" in the same scene.

This is by far the best and cleanest solution.

Otherwise, you will have to use Synchronized Buttons feature which I do not recommend since it only impacts local LEDs AND if you put all of A, B, C, D in one group then they all either turn on or off together which defeats the purpose.

Let me know please,

Regards,

Michel

HAS,

With regards,

Michel

Works! Yippie!

D is not a scene. I just want it to be All Off (whole house)

HAS,

Is D controller for a scene? If so, drop in A, B, and C as "responders" in the same scene.

Otherwise, you will have to use Synchronized Buttons feature which I do not recommend since it only impacts local LEDs AND if you put all of A, B, C, D in one group then they all either turn on or off together which defeats the purpose.

Let me know please,

Regards,

Michel

HAS,

With regards,

Michel

Works! Yippie!

HAS,

Would you be kind enough to try the following:

a. Create a scene called whole house

b. Drop in all your devices in there as responders

c. Drop in D as the controller

Next:

a. Create a scene called KPL All Off Scene

b. Drop in all the KPL buttons in there as responders

c. Create a trigger such that when D is off, KPL All Off Scene is turned off

With regards,

Michel

D is not a scene. I just want it to be All Off (whole house)

HAS,

Let me know please,

Regards,

Michel

HAS,

With regards,

Michel

Works! Yippie!

HAS,

Next:

With regards,

Michel

Greetings,

I tried the above, and it kinda/sorta worked. It seems as if the signals are crashing into themselves, only allowing this "work around" to work intermittently.

I worked on this "ALL OFF" scenario for many hours now, using various triggers and the conclusion is always the same; will not work 100% of the time.

I think some 'delay' options need to be added before we (at least in this case) can control KPL button lights, with buttons on the same KPL, to eliminate the collision.

Greetings HAS,

Thanks so very much for your willingness to try this suggestion. Yes, you are 100% correct; there's collision and we should add a "wait" between the requests. We are working hard to release our trigger/scheduler functionality very soon so that we can get the scenario also resolved.

Thanks again for the feedback and your support,

With kind regards,

Michel

HAS,

Next:

With regards,

Michel

Greetings,

I tried the above, and it kinda/sorta worked. It seems as if the signals are crashing into themselves, only allowing this "work around" to work intermittently.

I worked on this "ALL OFF" scenario for many hours now, using various triggers and the conclusion is always the same; will not work 100% of the time.

I think some 'delay' options need to be added before we (at least in this case) can control KPL button lights, with buttons on the same KPL, to eliminate the collision.

HAS I also can't get the "All Off" to work all the way either without doing tap-hold linking. I am looking forward to the trigger/scheduler functionality which I think is going to solve 99.9% of all the issues.

I enjoy being early in on the ISY because all of us early guys get to help test and suggest the coolest features.

Mark,

We are trying to figure out what we can do to alleviate these scenarios. As of right now, there are a couple of "ugly" workarounds that we are considering! I shall keep you all updated with the progress.

With regards,

Michel

HAS I also can't get the "All Off" to work all the way either without doing tap-hold linking. I am looking forward to the trigger/scheduler functionality which I think is going to solve 99.9% of all the issues.

I enjoy being early in on the ISY because all of us early guys get to help test and suggest the coolest features.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Remote access was resolved. It was Port Fowarding issue.

Thank you so very much.

HAS, any news on remote access?

With kind regards,

Michel

Update – With v2.4 firmware All Off is available and works seamlessly. Great job Universal Devices!

Archived