Can this feature be added??

Teken

I am not sure if this question has been posed before by the forum members here at UDI. Will the ISY in the future have the ability to communicate with the motion sensor and update its programming as it is done with the HL2 software?

Currently, the HL2 software allows the user the ability to simply walk over to the motion sensor, awaken it. Then, this allows the motion sensor to be updated with out the need to remove it from its installed place and press the set button.

In the very near future I will be installing several motion sensors above the 20 feet range. I am not looking forward to climbing up a ladder in sub zero temps, in the dark, to simply hit a idiot button.

I hope this feature will be incorporated into the next firmware release in the not too distant future.

Teken . . .

Hi Teken,

Adding devices requires ISY to be able to communicate with that device to extract type and version information. But, apart from that, you can do everything else in batch including adding to scenes and changing attributes (you can even be offline).

If you do not have PRO series, you must purchase the PRO module by going to Help | Purchase Modules. Once on PRO, you get two extra buttons at the top:

1. Automatic Write (not batch)

2. Battery operated device (batch everything on battery operated devices)

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived