Admin console not able to get device status - need help!

mlennox

Just in the past few days I suddenly started to notice issues with my system.

When I investigated things closely today, I noticed a few things weird. It appears that my admin password and settings got reset to factory default... not sure how or why.

When I run the admin console, all the devices and programs are there, but the ISY isn't seeing any status information from any device, and it continually prompts me for a login username/password.

I had been using 3.1.7 for a while with no problems. Tried updating to 3.1.10.. no help there.

Not sure what to do next.

Thanks.

More information on this issue. ISY is showing no status information for any of my connected devices. I am able to turn devices on and off from the admin console, but ISY is not receiving any status update information.

As well, the ISY links table and PLM links table are both empty in ISY.

Restoring a device does nothing (silently fails).

Is my ISY dead? What steps can I take to try and resolve this?

If you have a backup you can restore the backup (File | Restore ISY) and then File | Restore Modem (PLM) to recreate the PLM link records. May be necessary to repeat the Restore Device after restoring the backup. A Show Device Links Table with a subsequent Compare will indicate if that is necessary after the Restore Modem (PLM) completes.

I think the backup from 2.8.16 will work. The ISY could have been upgraded from 2.8.16 directly to 3.1.10 which would make a 2.8.16 backup the expected variant. The bigger question is how this all happened to begin with. When I saw your initial post I was thinking a firewall/AV issue which is well known for blocking the ability of the ISY to push data such as current device status out to the Admin Console but that would not explain the password reset.

I've tried restoring to 3 different backups. The result is the same every time. I do the restore, which take about 2 minutes, the device reboots and when I log back in it gives me a system busy progress bar which takes several minutes to reach 100%. After it's done, there's no status on any device.

Attempt to restore PLM links result in nothing happening. After clicking "yes" to proceed, the window silently disappears and nothing happens.

I am also running Mobilinc HD on my iPhone, and it seems to working fine and can see current device status.

In fact other than the fact that Admin Console can't see any device status, it almost appears as though things are now working normally about about 48 hours of "weirdness"

That has all the characteristics of a firewall/AV problem. If the device status is showing correctly on the iPhone the links are in tact. Kaspersky and Avast often block the ISY push of device status. The last update to Avast created problems for several users.

Avast is the problem indeed.

That being said, something else happened simultaneous to the Avast update that caused a password (and timezone/location) reset on the device. The restore operation seems to have resolved this.

Any idea how to get Avast to not block this?

Thanks for the help.

This is really getting annoying. I keep getting the location set back to Los Angeles, California which is 3 hours behind me. And the password keeps getting reset to admin.

I see this in the error log

Sun 2011/11/13 02:48:34 PM System -170001 UDQ:Queue Full: LOG

Sun 2011/11/13 02:48:42 PM System -170001 UDQ:Queue Full: ERROR_LOG

Sun 2011/11/13 02:48:44 PM System -170001 UDQ:Queue Full: LOG

Sun 2011/11/13 02:48:54 PM System -170001 UDQ:Queue Full: IPOLLWAKEUP

And it seems that Mobilinc is intermittently unable to communicate with the device.

It seems like the ISY is continually resetting itself and rebooting. It disappears from the network, then reappears, then disappears, each time this happens it resets the password and location settings.

Archived