Release 3.1.12 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

I was able to fix my blinking MEM and ERROR lights by factory resetting the PLM. So Elk all up to date, ISY running 3.1.12, similar response from the Security panel, slow to respond, but appears to be connected to the ELK, does not show "not connected".

ELKRP set for port 2101.

boots

If the PLM Factory Reset was actually successful then a Restore Modem (PLM) must be done to restore the link records in the PLM. Otherwise the ISY will not see device status changes and Scenes will not work. Sometimes the power cycle alone resolves the PLM issue and a Factory Reset is not actually successful.

Lee

tunaman,

I just went through some troubleshooting with another customer and the problem was that port 2101 was NOT sent to M1XEP. To test whether or not port 2101 is open, on RP:

1. Go to account

2. Bottom right corner change the port to 2101

3. Connect using Network

If this does not work, then click on M1XEP setup and then click on the Send button.

In short, the same exact settings for 2101 using RP should work with ISY.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok.

More info for you. It does eventually populate the zones, keypads and outputs, it just does not have any text in any of the name fields. And it does correctly track the state of all zones, outputs, etc.

Still trying to discover the text.

I'm going to roll back to 3.1.10 until you have 3.1.13 ready.

I have an issues in 3.1.12 with programs not completing. I have a program that, based on a zone trigger on the elk, turns some lights on, waits 10 minutes, then turns the lights off. When running the rule via the Run Then it works as designed. But when I open the door and close it, the program turns the lights on but does not continue, the lights stay on indefinitely. When viewed in the program summary it runs in 1 second.

If
       (
            Elk Zone 'Front Door' is Violated
         Or Elk Zone 'Garage Side Door' is Violated
       )
   And From    Sunrise
       To      Sunset  (next day)

Then
       Set Scene 'Scenes / All Landscape' On
       Set Scene 'Scenes / Outside Front' On
       Wait  10 minutes 
       Set Scene 'Scenes / Outside Front' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I have an issues in 3.1.12 with programs not completing. I have a program that, based on a zone trigger on the elk, turns some lights on, waits 10 minutes, then turns the lights off. When running the rule via the Run Then it works as designed. But when I open the door and close it, the program turns the lights on but does not continue, the lights stay on indefinitely. When viewed in the program summary it runs in 1 second.

The act of closing the door is causing the program to re-evaluate during the wait period. You will have to break this program into two programs. Have this program turn the scenes on when the conditions are met. Have the second program turn off the scenes after 10 minutes.

Tim

The act of closing the door is causing the program to re-evaluate during the wait period. You will have to break this program into two programs. Have this program turn the scenes on when the conditions are met. Have the second program turn off the scenes after 10 minutes.

Tim

Thanks Tim. That worked.

Yeah, thanks. Converting these rules from Elk format to ISY is a little tricky. Would've been nice to just have an isNight, isDay like the Elk. I duplicated it with variables though and replaced the code above. Hopefully it'll work, we'll see over the next few days.... :)

Could I request that the weather modules information (line separation) be restored to the previous way? :?: The new changes have made the whole format of text so long that two of the bottom lines can't be read. :cry:

Teken . . .

Hi Teken,

This is fixed in the next build. The line separation has been removed and it is also now scrollable.

The Security tab does not show up after upgrading to 3.1.12. I purchased the ELK module however when starting the admin console to backup my 3.1.9 system before upgrading to 3.1.12, I may have mis-stepped. As always, I get several messages about Insteon modules that the ISY can not communicate with and I always just click OK. (some of them are motion sensors some are modules which are not connected at the moment) I may have clicked OK to another message without reading as I should have. After the upgrade, I cleared the cache and launched the admin console ( http://isy/admin, http://isy/admin.jnlp or http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.1.12/admin.jnlp ) and now I do get a message "Subscriber did not rply to event:1 [33]" OR "Request Failed". If I select manage modules, I get a message that all modules are up to date but still no security tab. Suggestions? Thank Frank.

The error messages at the startup of 3.1.12 Admin Console are known problems that will be fixed with 3.1.13. I think the ELK module has to be installed after upgrading to 3.1.12. Also check the Admin Console Help | About and verify the firmware and UI levels both indicate 3.1.12.

Another change from using Elk rules... When I set a rule with an If "Arm Up State" it triggers when the system is armed and after any zone state changed thereafter. I have the following rule that I would like to shut off lights after my exit timer expires. It works but in the logs you can see it triggering over and over as my internal motion detectors are triggered. I could get around it by setting a flag with variables, but it is unexpected behavior....

If
       Elk Area 'Area1' 'Arm Up State' is Armed Fully

Then
       Set Scene 'Scenes / Outside Front' Off
       Set Scene 'Scenes / Downstairs All' Off
       Set Scene 'Scenes / Tree Lights' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The error messages at the startup of 3.1.12 Admin Console are known problems that will be fixed with 3.1.13. I think the ELK module has to be installed after upgrading to 3.1.12. Also check the Admin Console Help | About and verify the firmware and UI levels both indicate 3.1.12.

LeeG Thanks for the reply. Both the the firmware and UI levels indicate 3.1.12.

I can't seem to be able to install the Elk module after the upgrade. Probably because I inadvertently installed it before the upgrade by clicking through the start up messages too fast. Now, if I select manage modules, I get a message that all modules are up to date but still no security tab. I power cycled the ISY - no change. Suggestions?

Frank,

Have a look at the ELK firmware as well. I had similar symptoms prior to upgrading to the latest M1 and EXP firmware. I also had to upgrade the ELKRP software to R2 (to support the new firmware). After upgrading, I get the security bar and the ELK can communicate with the ISY. Reverse (ISY to ELK) is still a problem.

Current ELK Config:

M1G

Firmware: 5.2.8

Bootware: 3.3.6

Hardware: 0.13

XEP

Firmware:1.3.28

Bootware: 1.2.0

Hardware: 1.0

Symptoms:

1) Events generated by the Elk are recognized by the ISY.

2) The Elk does not recognize Insteon lighting events.

3) The ISY cannot arm/disarm the ELK.

LeeG Thanks for the reply. Both the the firmware and UI levels indicate 3.1.12.

I can't seem to be able to install the Elk module after the upgrade. Probably because I inadvertently installed it before the upgrade by clicking through the start up messages too fast. Now, if I select manage modules, I get a message that all modules are up to date but still no security tab. I power cycled the ISY - no change. Suggestions?

Mike, et al,

Elk was at the latest versions except for the XEP Firmware was at :1.3.26 so I upadted that now.

Still no security tab. My free memory (see below) seems a lot lower that what I've seen in a previous users post. Don't know if that could be an issue. Suggestions?

Thanks Frank

Current ISY Config:

Firmware:3.1.12

UI:3.1.12

Current ELK Config:

M1G

Firmware: 5.2.8

Bootware: 3.3.6

Hardware: 0.10

XEP

Firmware:1.3.28

Bootware: 1.2.0

Hardware: 1.0

post-820-140474154616_thumb.png

Having a problem: Elk all updated, Elk RP updated, module purchased and installed correctly. Everything seems great except importing the xml lighting file. When I export the file I don't get an option where to save it. Instead it simply opens up an IE page with the export data on the page. Probably something stupid I am doing but I can usually figure out my own stupid mistakes after a while and this one has me stumped.