Mystery Link

HokiePerogi

I'm having a strange problem. When I toggle my ToggleLinc relay for my outside garage lights, my dining room light is also being controlled. I swear I specified for all existing links to be erased when I added the switches to the ISY/PLM. Perhaps an old link from my old house is still in memory somewhere.

Using the diagnostic features of the ISY, I was able to discover the following:

Dining Room Light = 0C.BA.49

Outside Garage Light = 0D.62.A4

The byte flag of 62 in the Outside Garage ISY Links table on the Dining Room Light link seems odd to me....I can't find a reference as to what a 62 means.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this issue?

Thanks.

post-391-140474154694_thumb.png

post-391-140474154697_thumb.png

I first tried Michel suggestion of right clicking my dining room light and choosing restore. I had already tried this once before, but thought trying it again wouldn't hurt. As expected, restoring the light did NOT fix the issue.

However, following ergodic's suggestion, resetting both devices and then restoring them both from the ISY, did correct the issue.

So is byte flag 62 represent a X10 link?

Thanks for the help in getting this resolved.

• 3 months later...
I first tried Michel suggestion of right clicking my dining room light and choosing restore. I had already tried this once before, but thought trying it again wouldn't hurt. As expected, restoring the light did NOT fix the issue.

However, following ergodic's suggestion, resetting both devices and then restoring them both from the ISY, did correct the issue.

So is byte flag 62 represent a X10 link?

Thanks for the help in getting this resolved.

So I guess I spoke too soon. When I go into my garage, the Insteon Motion Sensor turns on the responder in its scene, the garage light. However, it's still controlling a device or scene inside my house too, the kitchen. Any suggestions what else I can try to remove the phantom link?

Archived