Infinite Loop of "Linking"

blueman2

I am a new user here. Just got my ISY 99i/IR yesterday and have been trying to set it up with a single device to learn how to use it. I have it connected to the 2413S using ethernet cable to port A. Power supplied to the ISY unit. ALso have a 2450 relay plugged in as a test unit.

I was able to get the system to see the 2450 and control it (yea!). However, whenever I open up the Admin console, it goes into an infinite loop with a pop up box labeled "Linking" which says in the box "Please do not power off/unplug the system or make adjustments to the linked/attached devices".

This box ran all night long and it still running, going from 0 to 100% again and again and again and again.

Running the latest non-beta firmware (I think 3.1.15).

Any guidance? I also did update to latest Java.

Did you clear the Java cache after upgrading?

After successfully adding the 2450 I/O Linc and being able to control the I/O Linc Relay manually what else was done before the "linking" started?

Is there an Icon (perhaps green) to the left of the I/O Linc nodes in the My Lighting tree?

If so try a right click on the I/O Linc node and select Disable.

Thanks for the reply. I think I solved the issue. I turns out my 99i was linking to the wrong gateway address. For some reason it chose a gateway address of one of my WAPs. I manually set the IP, mask and gateway addresses, and it now is working as it should.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I just got a ISY-994i. Sounds like I have the same problem. I am able to log-in to the admin console, but when I press "start linking" I get the same loop you describe.

I don't understand your fix, can you post instructions.

Thanks

Archived