Release 3.1.16 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Mine program looks like this. Been running for years with no issues. I also use the "Control" condition to run programs when buttons are pushed (i.e. In my theater room where I do multiple things).

-----

If

Control 'Kids Bathroom / Kids Bathroom:Lights' is switched On

Then

Wait 45 minutes

Set 'Kids Bathroom / Kids Bathroom:Lights' Off

Else

- Not Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

andyf0, what's the precise error please?

dgm0522, please go to Event Viewer on Device Communications events and turn on/off a few of your switches locally. Do you see any events in the Event Viewer?

Slalom, still investigating ... as you may note, a fix for this issue is not listed in our release notes.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I appear to be having some odd behavior... I upgraded my ISY99Pro from 2.8.16 back to 3.1.16 to run the Event Viewer like you requested. Either I am doing something wrong or something is not working properly because I am getting nothing in the window. In addition to that, after upgrading back to 3.1.16 all my programs are still working. I can't figure that one out because I am 100% sure they weren't before (Trust me, my wife let me know it wasn't working... :-) ).

In addition to my programs working, my MobleLink Pro application on my iPhone is detecting lights coming on and off again. Ever since 3.1.15 this also wasn't working.

Items tried under Diagnostics:

Event Viewer - Can't seem to get anything.

System Status - Active:Yes, Total: 507 MB, Reserved: 50 MB, Used: 17 MB, Bad: 0 MB, Free: 438 MB

PLM Info - V63 / Connected

Show PLM Links Table - Can't get anything in that window.

Show Device Links Table - Can't get anything in that window

Show ISY Links Table - Can't get anything in that window.

Also, my ISY99Pro is powered off the PLM.

Any ideas as to why the Diagnostic items aren't working?

I really appreciate the help... Thanks...

Michel,

I think I figure it out. I run Ubuntu on my desktop. Knowing that the admin console works best in a windows enviornment I have been doing all my work in a Windows XP and Windows 7 virtual environment using Virtualbox 4.1.8. I decided to rule those environments out by grabbing my work laptop, which has windows 7 on it. When I tried on my work laptop the Event Viewer worked as expected. Not sure why the admin console is not working properly in either of my VirtualBox enviornments, but it isn't. I will figure that out later...

As for the upgrade back to 3.1.16 it is working, not sure why that is because I even did that upgrade in VirtualBox. I have done a couple of the 3.1.x upgrades maybe reverting back to 2.8.16 and then going to direclty to 3.1.16 resolved something.

Either way, I appear to be back in business...

Everybody have a Great New Year!!!

I upgraded to .16 yesterday. Now when I try to view my log in Excel, Excel generates an exception error. This is on an iMac running Lion with Office 2011.

I cleared the log and generated just a couple entries in the log and it still does the same thing. Honestly, this may have been there in a previous version, I don't check the logs that often but it was working previously the last time I checked.

Of course, today it's working fine.

Elk Common Area Issues still exist in 3.1.16

Hi Slalom,

This issue is actually caused by Elk sending a steady stream of ready/not ready messages when both Area 1 and a common area is not armed. They are aware of the problem and are currently looking at possible solutions.

A suggested work-around is to not use common areas for now, and instead use Isy and/or Elk rules to accomplish the same.

RLIKWARTZ

Yes. Disabling a device stops the ISY from communicating directly with the device but it cannot stop Insteon Scene processing. A Scene On/Off command identifies the Scene number only. Any device that has a valid Responder link record will react to the Scene command.

Disable does not do anything with the actual device. There is no Insteon Disable command.

Lee

Elk Common Area Issues still exist in 3.1.16

Hi Slalom,

This issue is actually caused by Elk sending a steady stream of ready/not ready messages when both Area 1 and a common area is not armed. They are aware of the problem and are currently looking at possible solutions.

A suggested work-around is to not use common areas for now, and instead use Isy and/or Elk rules to accomplish the same.

Thanks Chris

I will have to look at how I can do that!

BACKGROUND

I've been experiencing problems with stale values for my TStat (v2.2 adapter). I had moved my RF APs to address problems with a TriggerLinc. Then I starting noticing the TStat was not reporting changes and longer query times. I eventually had move my APs back to their original locations, deleted and re-added my TStat to get it working as expected again. I had already deleted and re-added my TStat under a prior release per release notice instructions. During this time my RF motion sensors continued to work normally.

Not exactly sure what to make of it.

Hello Elvis,

Do you have any baby monitors around? Also, what's your thermostat's firmware version? And, finally, what's your PLM's firmware version?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I don't have any baby monitors, but I share common walls (Townhouse) with new neighbors that might. I'll have to ask. TStat adapter is v2.2. PLM is v85. RF APs are 1.0

VAr seem to be unstable :

I have many none stat var used and they seem not to be read correctly but if i reboot my isy Unplug from power and restart they seem to work fine for a while and then over time start to be miss read as per value ...

I also have folders that have time as a test and they also seem to be miss read over time could we have a memory leak or heavy usage since elk came to town..

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you. Is there anything more specific you can tell us ... we really need to get to the bottom of these issues and we'd appreciate your help. For instance, is always the same programs? What do they have in common? The schedules that miss, can you check the last run time to see if they actually ran or missed?

With kind regards,

Michel

I am getting a -140005 error when using a network resource to send an IR command that causes a repeating IR sequence to a iTach ip2ir. After triggering the network resource a few times the ISY-99 will lock up. I have to do a power cycle to get it running again.

It looks like there is a timing issue because I can set the number of times to repeat the IR sequence to 4 or 5 and the command will work with no errors on the isy-99. Any repeat value over 5 will cause the error on the isy-99 and the eventual lockup of the isy-99. In all cases, even with the error on the isy-99, the repeating IR sequence is transmitted by the IP2IR.

This is the the command that I am sending to the the IP2IR:

sendir,1:3,1,38000,6,1,343,172,21,22,21,65BCCCCBCBCBBBBCCCBCCBBBBBCBBCCC21,3800,\r,\l

The 6 which is in bold is where the number of times to repeat the IR sequence is specified. This command was generated by the Global Cache iLearn program and will execute will issues from iLearn.

ISY Info

v3.1.16 Beta Firmware

PLM 2413S v.92 firmware

I wasn't sure with the lockup if this was the right topic or if it needed to be in network resources or IR.

Please feel free to relocate to the correct area.

Regards,

Bruce