Release 3.1.16 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Under the Elk/Areas/All Areas section, I noticed today that one of my 4 Elk keypads is not showing the correct temperature. It shows -40. This keypad is in a different Area than the other 3.

I recall something similar in an earlier release but not sure if it was resolved in 3.1.16 which is what I am running.

Is this a known issue?

Providing you're not using Internet Explorer you should be able to use:

http://User:Password@ISYIP/rest/status/deviceid/login ... ord=123456

I am using IE.

This is why the change would have to be done in the REST program itself so it is compatible with all browsers..

Thanks

Or you can enable the use of it in IE.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834489

To disable the new default behavior in Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer, create iexplore.exe and explorer.exe DWORD values in one of the following registry keys and set their value data to 0.

•For all users of the program, set the value in the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE

•For the current user of the program only, set the value in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE

Providing you're not using Internet Explorer you should be able to use:

http://User:Password@ISYIP/rest/status/deviceid/login ... ord=123456

I am using IE.

This is why the change would have to be done in the REST program itself so it is compatible with all browsers..

Thanks

Or you can enable the use of it in IE.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834489

To disable the new default behavior in Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer, create iexplore.exe and explorer.exe DWORD values in one of the following registry keys and set their value data to 0.

•For all users of the program, set the value in the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE

•For the current user of the program only, set the value in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE

I have already tried that and it dosent work for Windows 7 and IE 8+

Michel, When will there be a final release above firmware 2.8.16? I have purchased the ELK module but have had problems in the past with beta releases so I am putting off going to 3.1.16. I have the ELK panel and can't wait to integrate it with my Insteon lighting control. I am currently at 2.8.16 and it has been working great for a long time. I know the ELK module will not work with 2.8.16 so I am itching to upgrade my firmware to get full use of my ISY.

Thanks

Dennis

Integer variables DO NOT trigger a program. Changing an Integer variable to something that makes the IF False does not make the last program execution false because the Program was not triggered. Something else in the IF must trigger the Program to run and then the IF will be false because of the 1 in whole-house.

First I want to thank you for your input but I still very lost here I use the var a switch to test if the action should run if triggered I should be using stat not var to perform this test is that what you are saying

Thank You

Regards

Robert

No, sorry that is not what I am saying. You indicated that Motion Off triggers the Program. Assuming that statement is correct, the Program is going to trigger with Motion Off regardless of the value of the variable. The value of the variable will determine whether the If evaluates to True and the Then Clause runs, or the If evaluates to False and the Else Clause runs but the Program will run because of the Motion Off trigger.

The True/False evaluation of the If does not determine whether it triggers or not. The True/False evaluation only determines which clause, Then or Else, runs.

Changing to a State variable does not change the True/False evaluation. Using a State variable would cause the Program to be triggered whenever the State variable value is changed. Does not sound like what you want. Making the If False does not stop the Program from being triggered. Making the If False results in the Else clause running when the Program is triggered by whatever conditions are in the IF that trigger Programs.

When looking at an If statement separate out those definitions that cause a Program to be triggered from those that control the evaluation of True/False.

Learning here so please bear with me if the above example is what i am try to do if any of the var are not 0 then run the program but if any of the var are not 0 then do nothing how would i create this can you show me a example where i a m wrong in my logic

thank you

Robert

I’ve got some doubts about this being what you want because the conditions to Trigger the Program are the conditions to do nothing but here goes. These are State variables. Any time one of the three State variable value changes the Program is triggered. That is the way ISY Programs work. When triggered, if any of the State variables are greater than 0 run the Then clause. The Then clause has the function to be executed. If none of the State variables are greater than 0 the Else clause is run. The Else clause contains no function so the effect is to do nothing.

If

$SVar4 > 0

Or $SVar2 > 0

Or $SVar3 > 0

Then

- Add functional statements here

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

If as I fear this is not what you are looking for please try again to explain the conditions to run the Then clause.

Thanks for the advice and i have a handle on it now but someone should create a wiki as to the differences and how to use both int and stat in a simple examples with reasons clearly shown on each

Many thanks for your time

Regards

Robert

Hi Bruce,

Thank you and now I understand. Unfortunately I do not know of any other way.

Questions:

1. What's the timeout for this resource? Do you know approximately how long this command should take (when repeating the IR signal 6 times)?

2. Have you tried opening the Event Viewer on "Device communications events" level and see whether or not some IR signals are bounced back to ISY (that is if you have the IR version)

3. Also, is it possible to run this resource from another program and just copy/paste the output? If not, does the API define what should be returned?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

1) I wasn't able to determine the exact time for the resource time out from the API spec. Based on the formulas in the iTach API Specification document, I calculated it would take 100ms to transmit one IR sequence. I don't know the the pause time is between transmissions so I don't know the total time it takes to send the IR sequence 6 times and return the success message.

Here is the link to the API http://www.globalcache.com/files/docs/API-iTach.pdf

2) The ISY and iTach are in different locations so I will have to relocate the iTach to try this.

3) I used the Global Cache iTest program to send the IR command to the iTach.

Command Sent: sendir,1:1,1,38000,6,1,343,172,21,22,21,65BCCCCBCBCBBBBCBCBCCBBBCBCBBCCC21,3800

Response From iTach:

ASCII format: completeir,1:1,1

Hex Format: 63 6F 6D 70 6C 65 74 65 69 72 2C 31 3A 31 2C 31 0D

It took about 3 seconds from when I clicked on the send button to when I got the response back.

(This is really a rough estimate using the second hand on the Windows clock on my system.

4) I was able to get a router from a friend whose teenager bricked it doing a firmware upgrade. :)

Unbricked it, got dd-wrt mini on it, bricked it loading the big build, unbricked it again and was able to get dd-wrt running on it. I am now in the process of configuring the router and playing with the iptables command to do the span port.

Sorry it is taking so long to get setup todo the packet capture. Darn day job sure gets in the way of having fun.

Regards,

Bruce

Hi Michel,

The ISY wasn’t really hanging. After much time spent troubleshooting the issue the root cause was determined to be a bug in the router firmware causing the router port to constantly renegotiate the port speed to a value that neither the router or the ISY supported.

Resolution of the issue required a hard (30-30-30) reset of the router’s NVRAM both before and after the installation of the new router firmware as specified by the vendor.

Thank you for your help in resolving this issue.

Regards,

K7ZPJ