Everything posted by dennisric
-
Can't login to the eISY
Thank you to everyone who gave suggestions to my eISY issues. I had several things happening at same time that I did this switch over from the 994 ISY. I just replaced capacitors in 9 of my togglelinc's that were all installed in the same year and began to fail as I did my upgrade to eISY. It took many nights after work and help from Michel Kohanim to figure out a few things. Thanks again This is a very helpful form.
-
Can't login to the eISY
I may have found my problem. I am able to login using XOI launcher using portal credentials. I can't control anything and non of my programs will run. I did a diagnostic of the PLM and it comes up /Not connected. Looks like PLM failure install back in 2019. I do have a brand new one but to do a restore of PLM I would have to put all my battery operated sensors into linking mode. I have about 12 all together and that is impossible because some are motion outside needing ladder. This will take me all day to acomplish. Is there an easy way to install a new PLM? Thnaks Dennis
-
Can't login to the eISY
This is what I get when in the eISY try to turn a light ON. I did the SSH idea and it's weird because user and password to get into the eISY was admin/admin. I am getting into the EISY with the IoX Launcher but have to use my portal login. I can not control anything and the error above is what I get trying to control an item. I went in thru the https://my.isy.io/ and I think I found the problem going in that way shows MAC 00:21:b9:00:ec:b4 which is not the MAC of the eISY. I think my problem is the new eISY is not registered with UDI. Boy I have just lost a lot of hours of my life with this. I may just go back to my ISY 944i. I don't know what happened trying to attach picture in word doc. I don't see how to delete
-
Can't login to the eISY
Not able to get in with portal useridpassword because I don't know what to use for useridpassword. Anything I use from previous logins don't work
-
Can't login to the eISY
I can get in thru the eISY-ui but can;t control anything. My PLM is connected and it was working fine until just a few days ago. I have always used the ixo finder to login into the eISY and before the ISY 994i never had a problem. Going in that way does ask to use portal useridpassword.
-
Can't login to the eISY
eISY shows on the finder and I can ping its IP. The problem is I can't login into the eISY with either the password I had set or the admin/admin. I followed the instructions for doing a password reset by power off and push power button quick three times and it should reset password login to admin/admin, that does not work.
-
Can't login to the eISY
I recently upgraded from my ISY 994i PRO to the eISY. eISY is runner 6.0.2 been working for a few weeks now. Suddenly my programs started to not run properly. I rebooted the eISY and nothing changed. I am also not able to connect to the eISY thru the launcher, it sees it but will not take the password I had. I did the hold the power button till light is red then three quick pushes of thepower button to reset to the admin password login. That does not work. I cleared all the Java crap and still not able to login. I decided to do a total reset of the unit and held in the reset pin for 30 seconds. Still nothing, admin/admin does not work. Now I don't know if the reset even worked. I did check on this site before placing question here and saw where someone had a non working eISY because it was not registered. When I did the switch over from my ISY 994i I thought I saw something say eISY is registered and thats when it was working up till a few weeks later now. I hope I can get this working again because lots of lights on motion sensors are now not working. Actually nothing is working now.
-
random lights flashing
Took awhile for me to have time to check again. I did the reset/restore on one of the togglelincs that are flashing on and off and it did not make a difference. I found four of my togglelinc switches doing same thing. These four also are no longer being recognized when doing a query they come up with ! symbol and can't be controlled by the ISY 994i. I think these switches are dead or on the way out. They still work if you use them directly to turn on or off the light. What is bothering me that all my switches are togglelincs and I don't like or want to use the paddle ones. I wish the company that took over insteon would bring back all the products. I am going to look into some other brand that has regular toggle switch for home automation. Insteon seems to be going the way of X10. If anyone knows where I can get some new togglelinc switches please let me know. Thanks
-
random lights flashing
Thank you for suggestions. I haven't done the reset/restore but will try that next when I can find some time.
-
random lights flashing
More checking I have found that it is three togglelinc switches that are doing the on/off flashing when something else has been turned on or off. It is random and not all the time.
-
random lights flashing
Its not just the motion sensor. I have a couple insteon multi button remotes that do the same thing just randomly flashing some lights on and off. I have two togglelinc switches for my hall light for stairs going upstairs and when I turn those two on or off they also make other lights flash on and off. This is all random. I have not made any changes to the programming in the ISY 994I for a couple years, this just started a few weeks ago. I have checked all the settings in the 994 and nothing looks different. Are all my togglelinc switches failin? They were all purchased and installed in the same year or so, 10 - 12 years ago
-
random lights flashing
I am using the ISY 994i and up until a few weeks ago everything was working great. Now if I turn lights on or off other lights that are on will flash on and off. I have several motion sensors to control outside lights and when those are activated and the light outside comes on and then turns off after programmed setting in ISY 994 some of my inside lights that are on will flash on and off then back to on. Do I have a bunch of switches going bad? All my switches are the Insteon togglelinc type. Anyone have an idea what is happening. Thamks
-
No longer able to connect to my ISY 994i
Thanks all for the quick replys to issue. I was able to connect to the ISY using Putty and USB connection. Could not make change to DHCP in that way but was able to see IP set on ISY and set my Laptop to same subnet/IP. Then was able to use Java console to admin in and made change to DHCP. Working back to normal again. Thanks so much for everyones help
-
No longer able to connect to my ISY 994i
Just a thought I noticed problem seem to start just after June 1st. I had already been switched over to new internet provider.
-
No longer able to connect to my ISY 994i
I did all that. When I open the https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp from my desktop shortcut there is no option to choose to login. Doing a refresh does nothing. No Cloud option no LAN option
-
No longer able to connect to my ISY 994i
I recently had to change my Internet service to another company and now I can't login using the admin console. When it work before it always came up with option for LAN connect or thru UDI service. I always selected LAN. Now when admin console comes up it shows nothing for connection option. My ISY was set with a static IP of 192.168.0.108 and I think that is my issue now with the new internet service. The new service is using IP range starting with 172.16.X.X. I took my old router a DLink that still has my old setup on it which showed my ISY with 192.168.0.108, I set my Laptop to that same subnet of 192.168.X.X and connected my ISY direct to an ethernet port on the router hoping I could connect that way. No luck and I am giving up. This makes no sense for this ISY to be so hard to connect to. Has anyone had this issue pr know how to fix it. Thank you for any help you can give me. I
-
ISY 994i needing constant reboot
Is there anything out there that shows exactly how the Email settings should be for different providers? If I remember right when setting it up originally it was a guessing game until it worked. I never changed anything but did the firmware update. I still believe that if it isn't broke don't fix it. A firmware update should not change anything in the setup you have.
-
ISY 994i needing constant reboot
Sorry I haven't send any other info on this issue but I do not have time to constantly be checking the ISY for errors. It seems most of my problems started after doing a firmware update. At that time I also lost email notifications but gave up after wasting a lot of time trying to figure it out. I am currently running 5.3.3. When I do a test for the email notifications it gives me a mail server error. I use hotmail.com for my email. This really bothers me because I spent a lot of money and time setting up the Insteon water sensors and an expensive ELK water shut off valve. Now if there is a leak I won't know until I get home. I did find some lines red out in my programs after the firmware upgrade and had to figure out what it was to get those working again. I do not have the time to spend on this and am ready to rip it all out to make my life easier. I have never used the mobilinc app.
-
ISY 994i needing constant reboot
-
ISY 994i needing constant reboot
-
ISY 994i needing constant reboot
I have to keep rebooting my ISY 994i to get to to continue working. Currently using version 5.3.3 of the firmware. Also had same issue with 5.0.16. All my programs will stop working or will suddenly flake out. I disconnect the power wait 10 sec then plug back in and good for about three days, then have to do same all over again. What could possibly be causing this, is my ISY failing and need replacement.
-
Recommendations for Motion Sensors
Posted my problem too soon before doing more investigation. Looks like my PLM is bad. Wow it's just over a year old. These things don't last long. Smarthome needs to design these better. After having this happen a couple of times in the past I purchased two last time and have one as a spare. Just a pain in the you know what to be switching it out.
-
Recommendations for Motion Sensors
OK I just found two brand new older motions that I forgot I had 2842-222 and 2420M. Each is new never set up before. I have the ISY 994i Pro trying to add these motion sensors to ISY and getting an error (cannot determine insteon engine). I am getting this error with both motion sensors. Has anyone come across this one before. ISY firmware 4.6.2. Would like to get these working because the new models are no good.
-
Recommendations for Motion Sensors
When will we ever see a fix for these new motion 2844-222 in the ISY ? I have purchased three of these when they first came out and can't use them at all. I should have sent them back I guess. The ISY sees these but does nothing with them. I see the sensor, dusk dawn and low battery. I can make it show On and OFF by pressing the set button. I set a program for when the sensor shows ON to turn on a lamp and nothing happens. The ISY doesn't seem to be able to use these at all. I have never had any problems with the old ones except for batteries not lasting in outdoor situation for more than about eight months. They always worked. But of course you can no longer buy those. I am in need of three motions for outdoor flood light control. I was hoping for the new model to work because of their size and can be put out where they aren't seen. Anyone out there using these new crappy motion sensors.
-
ISY Portal and Admin console
jerlands, That worked by filling in my uuid Thanks But what is the reason for it not working by selecting purchase modules.