Text Message from ISY?

GDavis01

I have seen on a few posts that the ISY can send a text message notification, yet I cannot seem to find any details on how I would set this up. Can someone please clarify.

Edit: Ok I now understand how it is supposed to work. Now I just have to get it to work!

Search for "Tropo" and take a look at these posts:

--------

Forum: How-Tos and Tutorials Topic: How to build an ISY99 personal Alarm System with Tropo

cashoefman

Post subject: How to build an ISY99 personal Alarm System with Tropo Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:43 pm

I wrote a tutorial on how to use an ISY-99 to build a Personal Alarm System with Outbound Notifications using Smart Home, check it out at http://xs.la/MTY3

-------

Forum: How-Tos and Tutorials Topic: How to send SMS Messages using the Tropo API

cashoefman

Post subject: How to send SMS Messages using the Tropo API Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Here is the link for the second how-to: http://cashoefman.blogspot.com/2011/05/ ... -from.html

But, be aware that there are some errors in his instructions. I have made the corrections below and commented on his site. I am using this setup and it works very nicely (and is free).

In the example PHP script,

-- it should be '+1' instead of "+1"

-- it should be => "SMS" instead of =--> "SMS"

When you add the telephone number to the URL, do not include the 1 as it is covered by the '+1' in the script.

When setting up the network resource, set the Protocol to HTTPS. The image does show HTTPS, however the text states HTTP.

Also, it should be mentioned that this method of sending texts does require the network module for the ISY-99i (which is an extra $49 if you don't already have it installed).

Here is an example of the code I'm using.

<?php

call('+1'.$number, array( "network" => "SMS"));

if  ($event == 1) 

{say ("The ".$size." garage door is now ".$status.".");}

else if ($event == 2) 

{say ("One of the motion sensors has a low battery!");}

else if ($event == "3")

{say ("placeholder for next alert type");}
?>

I'm using the $event variable to allow for multiple alert types and still use the same phone number assigned by tropo. If you used different apps for different events, then you will have a different number assigned to each. All of the variables get taken care of in the network resources setup.

Hope this helps.

~hoopty

Archived