Slow response time in ISY program...

ahwman

I have a very simple ISY program for the front porch light below. It seems to work fine however there seems to be more latency in the light on sequence while the light off is almost immediate. I would appreciate any insights...

If

From Sunset

To Sunrise (next day)

And Status 'Front Entry / (FEN) Door Opened' is On

Then

Set 'Front Entry / (FPO) Light' On

Else

Set 'Front Entry / (FPO) Light' Off

I have experienced nothing with the ISY which would explain why latency would be inherently longer with on than with off. Communication issues can sometimes delay response, but I assume that is not the case here, since the communication environment is consistent.

My question is how do you determine latency? What device is providing door status? Is it possible that your sense of door "open" is different than that of the door sensor? If you have a laptop or tablet, have you experimented with door position to determine when your sensor sends "on" and "off" signals?

I would actually tell you to skip the program alltogether and just link the triggerlinc to the light switch. This would do the same thing as the program but do it directly, no middle man. Since you have no delays or other complex issues programmed in, just on when open, off when closed, a direct link would 100% cover you.

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot about the sunrise/sunset thing.

OK, so try checking your log and see when ISY is receiving the status "on" and when it is sending the "on" to the switch. That would rule out ISY as the delay source.

Also, you could try direct linking it to the switch temporarily and see if the delay still exists.

I own no triggerlincs so I don't know for sure, but it is also possible that they have a purposeful delay there to prevent false openings from vibrations and the like.

Archived