Trouble importing lighting into Elk after upgrading

clockwrkz

I added a few lights to my ISY-99i tonight and needed to import them into my Elk-M1 (running the latest firmware).

I upgraded the ISY-99i to 3.1.16. Added 2 light switches and a scene. Exported the XML file for the Elk... but when I went to import this XML file into the Elk nothing happens. I get the standard dialog box from ElkRP, select the file, confirm that "Universal Devices..." is the Export File Format, press Import and nothing changes. I don't get an error message or anything but the new lights/scene don't appear.

I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I tried to clear the lighting which I'd imported in the past.

Any thoughts on what I could be missing?

I thought it might be the names of the new lights/scene but they are all short with no non-alphanumeric characters other then a - which I have in other names.

Thanks in advance.

As a follow up to this... it appears I've lost all communication between the Elk M1 and the ISY-99i after upgrading. Not sure if this is related to the import issue I'm having or not though. The standard reboot everything until it works solution was unfortunately unsuccessful.

Check under Configuration/Elk/Export and add the new lights to the export file.

Check under Configuration/Elk/Configuration and make sure the ip/ports are all correct.

Ok, I must be missing something. Do I need to purchase the Elk Module now?

Under configuration I do not have a dedicated Elk tab but under Configuration/System I have an area called ELK M1XEP where I can set the IP Address of the Elk, Port, and can generate ELK Export File. The IP address and port for the Elk in there are correct. This is the button I'm hitting to generate the XML file as well.

I have attached a screen shot of the ISY-99i admin just incase I'm out to lunch.

Thanks for your help

post-2524-140474154874_thumb.png

I do have the elk module and it would appear based on your screen shot that it has added some pages that you don't have. The Elk module appears to add the ability to control what is in your export file.

You don't need the Elk module to have the same basic Elk integration that you had before. I assumed you tried hitting the refresh topology button before exporting as well. I assume that hitting that button generates a new export file adding any new devices/scenes and subtracting any removed ones. I am sure Michel can confirm if true.

In short, I don't know why you can't connect with your updated firmware. I did not have any trouble communicating with my Elk with the earlier 3.1.<15 versions prior to adding the module.

EDIT: WAIT, yes I did. It had something to do with the password. I was not the only one. To fix it, I purposefully entered the wrong one password, saved it, then re-entered the correct password, saved it, and it worked.

Hello clockwrkz,

Apologies for the inconvenience. As apostolakisl mentioned, you do not need the ELK module.

In order for us to find the root cause, would you be kind enough to:

1. change your userid/password to admin/admin

2. take a backup

3. send to support@universal-devices.com with a link to this post

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Both IndyMike and I had similar problems updating to 3.1.13. We both corrected the problem by re-entering our Elk passwords into ISY.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7401

Hello clockwrkz,

Apologies for the inconvenience. As apostolakisl mentioned, you do not need the ELK module.

2. take a backup

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Both IndyMike and I had similar problems updating to 3.1.13. We both corrected the problem by re-entering our Elk passwords into ISY.

Hi Michel. Thank you for your response. I've followed your directions and sent you an email.

apostolakisl, Is the password you're talking about the ELK M1XEP access code (the lower left hand box in my screen shot)? I updated again today, set that password, changed it back and left it blank with no help. I also followed the advice in the link you linked to which said to try accessing the REST commands for arm/disarm but I just get a "The connection was reset" error in return to either command.

Hello clockwrkz,

2. take a backup

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

Hi Michel. Thank you for your response. I've followed your directions and sent you an email.

apostolakisl, Is the password you're talking about the ELK M1XEP access code (the lower left hand box in my screen shot)? I updated again today, set that password, changed it back and left it blank with no help. I also followed the advice in the link you linked to which said to try accessing the REST commands for arm/disarm but I just get a "The connection was reset" error in return to either command.

Just in case anyone else runs into this problem and finds this thread while searching for a solution there was a bug which Michel has fixed.

Thanks for all your help! It's greatly appreciated as always.

Archived