Official Release 3.1.17 Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

• 2 weeks later...
Hello jtara92101,

What firewall software do you have? You may want to use https and retry.

If your unit is rather old, then the problem might be a failing SD card. If you are still having problems, please do contact us and we'll be delighted to help you upgrade.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

I've had my ISY99 since August 2008 (Love it!). I'm on v2.8.16. I'd like to upgrade, but see this thread about the older SD cards. How do I know what size my SD card is and whether I need to replace it before upgrading and messing everything up. I have an extra SD card, but will I lose my settings if I swap it out? Is there an article somewhere to address upgrading the SD card? I just want to proceed carefully...I have over 100 devices.

Thanks, Jackie

http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/i ... rguide.pdf

Appendix C of the Users Manual

The wiki also has a page on SD Card replacement.

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... an_SD_Card

Mine had a 128K SD Card in it.

I replaced mine and after loading the firmware and latest backup. All was restored properly.

You can get the size of your present one. In Tools, Diagnostics, System Status. It shows the memory used and total size if memory serves me.

Brian:

The SD card info is very helpful. Thank you. I have a 128MB card, with 75MB free. Should I upgrade the firmware to the present card first, and then install a 2GB card, or backup/restore to a new 2GB card. Didn't I see something that said ISY didn't like the larger size until it got to version 3?

I believe the wiki said below 2.7.15 only supported 512K or smaller.

Someone may have more data for you. From what I see it. When you remove the old SD Card the firmware goes with it and you pick the firmware you want to add to the new one during the procedure.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to upgrade to 3.1.17 from 2.8.16 and I keep getting the Error Upgrade Failed:Failed uploading File (Report Written Size is Invalid) then Socket Timeout Error I'm running on an iMac with OSX 10.7 and have cleared the Jave Cache.

Any ideas? :(

I don't use the Mac but other users have reported similar error. Apparently the Mac unzips the ISY install file which makes the file invalid to install. The install file is a zip within a zip so it is not obvious that the initial file was unzipped. The last user that had the problem downloaded the file on a windows system. There is likely some Mac option to stop the unzip but I don't know what it is. If familiar with that option download without the unzip.

mrohde

I found these two posts from Michel about the Mac unzip situation.

Please do NOT unzip the file. If you are on MAC, then the problem is that MAC automatically unzips the files. You may want to press the Ctrl button while downloading so that the file stays zipped.

MAC has a [dictatorial] tendency of unzipping files automatically after download. ISY needs the file in tact and thus you have to tell MAC not to unzip. You can try:

Unchecking 'open safe files' in the General tab of Safari's preferences.