ISY Programs using garage door

binaryman

So I'm making a program that checks if my garage door is open at night, and closes it. I have 2 scenes setup, relay and sensor. A keypadlinc is the controller of the relay scene and is set in toggle mode.

If I send an on command to the scene, will it use the keypadlinc toggle setting, or will I have to put in an off command in the program as well?

If I send an on command to the scene, will it use the keypadlinc toggle setting, or will I have to put in an off command in the program as well?

If a program sends an "on" command to the scene, all devices in the scene (keypad button and relay in your case) will both respond. I expect the keypad button to turn on (regardless of toggle setting), and the relay to respond based upon how the relay is configured (momentary a, b, c, latching) relative to "on" commands.

Why do you see the need to add the "off" command? How is your relay configured (momentary A, B, or C? latching?)

Sorry, I don't understand question.

When the ISY sends a Scene On the KeypadLinc button LED will turn On. What the I/O Linc Relay does depends on which Momentary Mode is being used and perhaps whether the door is open or closed.

When the ISY sends a Scene Off the KeypadLinc button LED will turn Off. Again, what the I/O Linc Relay does depends on which Momentary Mode is being used and perhaps whether the door is open or closed.

With some information on how the I/O Linc is set up, including is the I/O Linc Sensor On when the door is open or On when the door is closed, how the I/O Linc Relay responds can be answered. Also the I/O Linc User Guide covers the three Momentary Modes, A,B,C, and how the I/O Linc Relay responds to On and Off Scene commands in each Momentary Mode.

In Momentary A mode the I/O Linc Relay responds to only one command, either Scene ON or Scene OFF. The Scene Responder On Level for the I/O Linc Relay (0% or 100%) dictates which command, Scene ON or Scene OFF, the Relay responds to.

Remember that the Responder On Level can be different when the KeypadLinc button is the Controller versus when the Scene name is turned On/Off where the ISY PLM is the Controller.

Archived