Changing a switch from an 8n button to a six button

Schoolhouse

I have not been bollowing too close, but I recal. That you manually added the newly reconfigured. Is this correct.

i have never understanded the advantage of doing it this way, and have read of ocaasional problems. If you are out of ideas, I suggest removing the device, performing a factory reset, and adding it back using the "start linking" button. perhaps things would work better.

Thank you, Michel. My electrician will contact you to discuss. He was present in most of the dialogue above. When I speak of "We" above, I mean him if it had to do with any actual installation. My role is the Systems.

Before you talk with the electrician, you may want to know that the home has a panel and two sub panels. One sub panel is in the detached Guesthouse. The other sub panel is in the attached recent addition. Installation began first in the addition, then in Landscaping, followed by the rest of the original home. It all worked great. Lastly he installed the Guesthouse.

Timing of communication errors saying to "check connections" began about a week ago at the same time as:

1) adding of 12 switches in the guesthouse, the last piece of the approximately 70 device installation

2) Upgrading to the new ISY version

3) Upgrading the [PLM or ISY] software for greater capacity above the approximately 225 initially provided

4) A lot of unfortunate programming where each button was given its own scene, only to then be corrected so that one scene had many controllers. So for the Hall, about a dozen scenes were deleted, being correctly replaced by one scene with 12 controllers. As the rest of the house programming was corrected. many more scenes were also deleted for other areas.

5) Purchase of iPad Mobilinc HD

LeeG was great and may have been headed in the right direction when he was exploring communication bridges and interference. We gave him answers relating to the house, but the Guesthouse sub-panel may be creating problems

Thank you in advance for your help, Michel!

Archived