How do I make scenes with the ISY?

RichTJ99

Hi,

I am looking to have the ISY make a scene (not a program), so that my keylinc in the bathroom does the following:

Bathroom KPL button A = Bathroom KPL light at 75%, Button B makes light 50%, Button C does 25%.

Is there a way to do it as a scene vs a program? I am not having luck & I am going to be moving & leaving the Insteon but I want to take the ISY to my next house so I am getting rid of my programs in favor of scenes.

Thanks,

Rich

Is this an 8 button KeypadLinc or a 6 button KeypadLinc?

If a 6 button KeypadLinc where the 3 buttons are Secondary buttons a single Scene can be used.

If an 8 button KeypadLinc where button A is Main/A physically controlling the load then probably not.

Define an ISY Scene with KeypadLinc Secondary buttons A,B,C as Controllers and whatever device is physically controlling the load as Responder. The KeypadLinc Secondary nodes will be listed below the ISY Scene name. Select button A setting the responder On Level associated with button A. Repeat for buttons B & C. Button Grouping is used to establish A,B,C as mutually exclusive buttons so only one of the Secondary buttons is On at a time.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I changed things up as Button A doesnt seem to light up or work reliably.

Button B will control the fan in a separate scene.

Button C will be 25% button D will be 50%

How do I set it so that when I press the main KPL Off button, how do I make it so that C & D will be sent an off command too?

Right now, if I hit C, it goes to 25% but if i hit off, C is still lit?

Thanks,

Rich

Try adding the ON/OFF button to the mutually exclusive group containing C & D. Not sure that will work with the load control button. ON and OFF work together so it is not possible to add C & D to a Scene that is controlled by the OFF button without having C & D turn On with the ON button. ISY makes it so much easier.

Hi,

So i added buttons C & D as mutual exclusive. I tried to put the main KPL in that group but it didnt seem to take.

Whats happening now, is:

Button C does 25%, button D does 50%.

If I hit C, then off, then turn the main KPL on, the main KPL comes on at 25%, if I double tap the main KPL it goes to 100.

If I hit D, then off, then turn the main KPL on, the main KPL comes on at 50%, if I double tap the main KPL it goes to 100.

Ultimately whatever button I last press, the main KPL defaults to that same % & not 100%, unless I double tap, turn it off, then when I turn it on, it remembers being 100%.

How do I set it so that the main KPL defaults to 100% after pressing buttons C or D?

Thanks,

Rich

ScottAvery

I don't see them as being different. I did not think an 8 button KPL would work in my first post because in an 8 button KPL A is the load control button which is problematic. The initial information did not indicate the Secondary buttons A,B,C were trying to control the primary load button. Without that I think the 6 button configuration using A,B,C to control a different switch will work. The problems arise when A,B,C are trying to control ON/OFF AND have the characteristics the OP requires without the aid of the ISY (it is being moved to a new house).

There might be some way to make it work with all the results the OP wants but I don’t know to do that when the load control button is involved (without an ISY).

Archived