Release 3.2.0 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Michel

Two FanLincs installed, one I2, one I2CS. Both Light node On Level (Applied Locally) sliders are set to 0% after a Reboot even though I specifically moved both sliders to 100% and a Progress bar was displayed indicating the change in slider position was noted by the Admin Console.

Have to move the On Level (Applied Locally) slider back to 100% before On button will turn On the FanLinc Light.

EDIT: repeated this test several times while testing some examples for a different topic. In all cases a Reboot set the On Level (Applied Locally) slider to 0% for FanLinc.

Thank you for the full model number.

I found it in the FCC web site and it does look like a welcome addition to the Insteon Line.

I found the Users Manual and will give it a better look later.

Since it steals power through the load. I would guess incandescent bulbs only.

i think it there were some issues with low wattage LED flickering

Michel,

3.2.0 locks up every time I go to the Electricity Configuration Tab?

Thanks for the assistance!

Jim

Hi Jim, would you please go to Help | About and let me know:

1. The UI Version

2. A list of modules you have installed

Also, is it that ISY locks up or just the Admin Console?

With kind regards,

Michel

-MAC

--Variable names have the bottom of the text cut off when trying to edit

Turns out this isn't fixed. If you click on a variable name under Variables then press backspace like you're going to edit it the bottom line of the variable row is cut off.

Hi Andy, instead of using backspace, double click on the row and try to edit. Is it still cut off?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel

Two FanLincs installed, one I2, one I2CS. Both Light node On Level (Applied Locally) sliders are set to 0% after a Reboot even though I specifically moved both sliders to 100% and a Progress bar was displayed indicating the change in slider position was noted by the Admin Console.

Have to move the On Level (Applied Locally) slider back to 100% before On button will turn On the FanLinc Light.

EDIT: repeated this test several times while testing some examples for a different topic. In all cases a Reboot set the On Level (Applied Locally) slider to 0% for FanLinc.

Hello LeeG,

Thanks so very much for the detailed analysis. We're investigating and should find a fix shortly.

With kind regards,

Michel

-MAC

--Variable names have the bottom of the text cut off when trying to edit

Turns out this isn't fixed. If you click on a variable name under Variables then press backspace like you're going to edit it the bottom line of the variable row is cut off.

Hi Andy, instead of using backspace, double click on the row and try to edit. Is it still cut off?

With kind regards,

Michel

If I double click the variable name the row gets taller, not cut off. I never used double click to edit a name before. In fact it would be nice if you forced that since it shows a cursor, just backspacing and re-typing you don't get a cursor.

This release did offer one fix for me.

I had a scene that had 5 controllers, and was unable to "remove from scene" on previous release.

When I would right click, and remove from scene, it would not do anything to that particular scene.

This release did offer the ability to finally remove a device from scene successfully.

However -

I did try creating a new scene, specifically with a 6 button keypad.

I wanted to include the local load (.1 / ON-OFF)) to be a responder with various buttons (a, b, c,) and while it did look like the local load was added to the scene, pressing button A, B, etc. did not do anything.

I ended up manually (by hand) linking the local load (.1 / ON-OFF) to buttons A, B, etc.

Travis

thedishking

What is the firmware level of the 6 button KeypadLinc?

Is the KeypadLinc a Relay or a Dimmer?

EDIT: I set up a Scene with Secondary button A & B as Controllers and ON/OFF as Responder. A & B turn the Primary load ON/OFF On and Off as A & B cycle On/Off. I am using a 6 button Relay with v.40 firmware.

I’ll try to recreate your configuration once I know type and firmware of KeypadLinc.

EDIT2: did the same set up with a 6 button KeypadLinc Dimmer with v.36 firmware. A & B cycle the Primary Load ON/OFF as A & B cycle On/Off.

Perhaps there is some additional configuration that is affecting the operation. Did you do any Button Grouping along with the Scene definition.

Hi Lee,

It is a 6 Button KeypadLinc Dimmer, version 5.9

I did do some experimenting with mutually exclusive buttons after creating and troubleshooting the scenes.

Because of the manual programming, I wanted to leave button C for testing after I heard from this forum.

Travis

Put each RemoteLinc into linking mode (Dim/Bright buttons at the same time) but only ONE at a time. Right click and select Write Updates to Device. That should clear any pending activity.

Yes, thanks. I was going to try that - and see how it goes.

I'll update as soon as I can do that.

--------------

Update: Re-linking the RemoteLincs did not work. The ISY console flashed and did not perform a "normal" re-link process.

I had just relinked these both recently and it usually takes about 2 minutes.

I am reverting back to 3.1.17

Well, 3.1.17 also would not let me relink the RemoteLincs.

I will try to remove and add from scratch.

The RemoteLincs still are not working - even after a restore attempt.

They appear to link fine, the status of the RL button changes in the ISY and the scene they control status changes - but nothing happens to the actual light(s). I cleared and re-added one button to a scene and now that works like it should.

It looks like I will need to clear and relink all my two RL buttons.

-----------------------

Update: Deleted and relinked 2 RL's, then re added all buttons to scene's, all is working now on 3.1.17

Michel,

Here the answers to the questions you asked:

1. The UI Version - UD99 v3.2.0

2. A list of modules you have installed:

- Electricity

- Weather

- Networking

Also, is it that ISY locks up or just the Admin Console? just the Admin Console

W/R

Jim

--------------

Michel,

3.2.0 locks up every time I go to the Electricity Configuration Tab?

Thanks for the assistance!

Jim

Hi Jim, would you please go to Help | About and let me know:

1. The UI Version

2. A list of modules you have installed

Also, is it that ISY locks up or just the Admin Console?

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the improvement in importing the Log file into Excel on the Mac. Whether this was intentional or not I used to start the import and go off to do something else for a couple of minutes while it pondered it.

Now the import is virtually instantaneous, it's great. Thanks

Installed 3.2.0 and it worked perfectly. No lost programs, and was able to add my FanLincs without trouble. Finally have 1 button controlling my fan (instead of 4). Thanks Michel (and everyone else at UD)!!

Would you please be able to tell me how?

All I can do is turn on the fan to the highest speed and turn it back off. Are you running a program? I was Hoping to be able to toggle through all the speeds with one button.

I have loaded the new 3.2.0 beta and now I can no longer arm or disarm my Elk M1. I do have the Arm stay, Arm away, Disarm and Go to Elk Console at the top bar. None of these work now but they did before. I did have 3.1.7 loaded before and it didn't work then either so I was waiting to see if other people had the same problem. I saw 3.2.0 and thought that would fix it but no. Any thoughts on what is happening. The control did work when I had 2.8.16 loaded.

Thanks

Michel, I did put in a four digit code that I use to arm and disarm my panel. I also have two other four digit codes that are used and I tried each one and neither one works. I have the correct IP address which I can ping. I have 2101 for the port number which is also setup in my M1 panel. It was working fine in firmware 2.8.16.

Thank you for your quick response.

Hello rwright,

Are you local to ISY?

Also, would you please reboot ISY, look at the front panel, and let me know the sequence of lights on the front of the unit?

With kind regards,

Michel

No matter now. 3.2.1 now shows all my programs. Thanks for fixing this.

Michel, I do mean the Elk Console button at top of ISY screen . I can connect to my Elk panel thru ELK RP software and it does see the ELKM1XEP. I can control and make changes to my ELK thru RP software. I have static IP set up for my ELKM1XEP and that is what I have in the ISY.

Thanks again for your help