ISY 99i upgrade firmware now not working

bryanlut

A month ago i upgraded the firmware and everything quit working. I have left it all pluged in and now just getting back to it. I did a manual reset on the unit. This erasd everything. I got my one and only dual band dimmer switch to work but nothing else is working. On the ISY 99i box the bottom bright blue light is on but it doesnt look like it is transmitting or recieving anymore. Its been a month but i thought the transmit and recieve lights blinked more often. Do you think this is a firmware issue or did the PLM die? Since my one dual band switch is working i assume that it is working through RF? Any suggestions at this point would be helpful. I had just started and have about 12 devices so far. Not sure if i need to reinstall the program on the sd card?

Hello bryanlut,

I am so very sorry to hear. Since you can communicate with one of your devices, i do not think the PLM is dead. Has anything else changed in your INSTEON network?

One suggestion I have is - if and only if possible - move your PLM to a different location and see if you can get some of your other devices to link.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michael,

Does the RF communicate directly through through the isy 99i or through the PLM? The only device that work is the dual band dimmer. Is there a way to reload the firmware on the isy 99i? When I tried to load the new firmware is when everything went dead.

Hello bryanlut,

Sincere apologies for tardy reply.

You can certainly downgrade the firmware but I seriously doubt it will solve the problem. RF communications go through the PLM only and ISY is not in the middle.

If you are still having problems please do not hesitate to contact our tech support team (Submit a ticket link below) and we'll be delighted to login to you system and see what's causing all the trouble.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived