What's in the next release (2.8.16)

Chris Jahn

Fixes in 2.7.3

- .css files not reported correctly

- REST interface: subsequent /cmd/ URLs would fail

- Request failed when accessing IOLinc Options

- Status of IOLinc incorrect : THIS IS IOLinc Firmware issue

- Humidity value fluctuates : THIS IS Thermostat Firmware issue

Re-reading this I am nervous that the "Status of IOLinc incorrect" is not actually a fix in 2.7.3 but text stating that there is a firmware issue that you cannot work around.

If there is no known workaround for the firmware issue can anyone point me to a discussion about this firmware issue, hopefully one that involves smarthome.

Thanks,

Al

Hi Al,

You are very much justified to feel nervous.

I have already sent an email to SmartHome Engineering and they are testing it. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with more detailed information since I do not have any.

Just to clarify, this is the issue where changing the status of the relay causes the sensor to have the same status as that of the relay. Correct?

The other issue is that the sensor does not send an Off command when timing out.

With kind regards,

Michel

Fixes in 2.7.3

- .css files not reported correctly

- REST interface: subsequent /cmd/ URLs would fail

- Request failed when accessing IOLinc Options

- Status of IOLinc incorrect : THIS IS IOLinc Firmware issue

- Humidity value fluctuates : THIS IS Thermostat Firmware issue

Re-reading this I am nervous that the "Status of IOLinc incorrect" is not actually a fix in 2.7.3 but text stating that there is a firmware issue that you cannot work around.

If there is no known workaround for the firmware issue can anyone point me to a discussion about this firmware issue, hopefully one that involves smarthome.

Thanks,

Al

Hi Al,

You are very much justified to feel nervous.

I have already sent an email to SmartHome Engineering and they are testing it. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with more detailed information since I do not have any.

Just to clarify, this is the issue where changing the status of the relay causes the sensor to have the same status as that of the relay. Correct?

The other issue is that the sensor does not send an Off command when timing out.

With kind regards,

Michel

You are correct, the issue I'm concerned about is the status of the sensor following the relay. Right now I have a few of these set up in sensor only mode for garage doors and they seem to work reliably to give me a KPL "status" button that is on if any door is open. I was hoping to incorporate control of the doors next but if my status button gets confused it defeats the purpose.

I hope SH figures out a fix and sends out replacement devices free of charge soon, I have a bunch of the dang things that are waiting for deployment.

I wasn't aware of the sensor timeout bug, I'll go do some searching of the forums and get up to speed on that one.

Thanks,

Al

You are correct, the issue I'm concerned about is the status of the sensor following the relay. Right now I have a few of these set up in sensor only mode for garage doors and they seem to work reliably to give me a KPL "status" button that is on if any door is open. I was hoping to incorporate control of the doors next but if my status button gets confused it defeats the purpose.

I hope SH figures out a fix and sends out replacement devices free of charge soon, I have a bunch of the dang things that are waiting for deployment.

I wasn't aware of the sensor timeout bug, I'll go do some searching of the forums and get up to speed on that one.

Thanks,

Al

Hello Al,

The real problem is when Querying the status of an IOLinc it does not always return the correct value of the sensor. Using a KPL button to follow the sensor appears to be a work-around as the KPL button status can be queried correctly.

I am sure Michel meant the Relay timeout, not the sensor. That is, when the relay is in momentary mode it sends an On when activated but does not send an Off after the delay time. So the Status is not updated in the ISY. After which a Query returns the wrong answer for the Sensor.

Rand

I'm not real savvy when it comes to computer technology so this is why I'm asking what may be a dumb question. Please forgive me but what does "i1 and i2" mean?

Thanks to those who help to educate me!

Hello NewTech,

Normally you wouldn't have to know anything about i1/i2 since ISY should take care of them under the covers. At a high level, i1 and i2 are two modes of communications with INSTEON devices with i2 supporting longer messages. The reason you see references to i1/i2 is because a while back we had difficulties figuring out which devices supported which. Now, that should be history for the most part.

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm not real savvy when it comes to computer technology so this is why I'm asking what may be a dumb question. Please forgive me but what does "i1 and i2" mean?

Thanks to those who help to educate me!

Hello Al,

The real problem is when Querying the status of an IOLinc it does not always return the correct value of the sensor. Using a KPL button to follow the sensor appears to be a work-around as the KPL button status can be queried correctly.

I am sure Michel meant the Relay timeout, not the sensor. That is, when the relay is in momentary mode it sends an On when activated but does not send an Off after the delay time. So the Status is not updated in the ISY. After which a Query returns the wrong answer for the Sensor.

Rand

Unfortunately right now I am using a single KPL button controlled with an ISY program to show if any of the garage doors are open as opposed to a single KPL button per door. If any door is open the button is lit. If there were no iolinc bugs another program would shut any open doors and be triggered by that same KPL button.

I hate to dedicate 2 IOlincs per door (to separate sensor and relay) or dedicate an insteon device somewhere to each door for proper tracking.

Hey at one time there was talk of having a virtual insteon device object supported in the ISY, that would help work around this ridiculous problem with the iolinc. Seems like UD does more to deal with device problems than smarthome but any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Al

Hello Al,

Rand

Unfortunately right now I am using a single KPL button controlled with an ISY program to show if any of the garage doors are open as opposed to a single KPL button per door. If any door is open the button is lit. If there were no iolinc bugs another program would shut any open doors and be triggered by that same KPL button.

I hate to dedicate 2 IOlincs per door (to separate sensor and relay) or dedicate an insteon device somewhere to each door for proper tracking.

Hey at one time there was talk of having a virtual insteon device object supported in the ISY, that would help work around this ridiculous problem with the iolinc. Seems like UD does more to deal with device problems than smarthome but any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Al

Al,

As of right now there will not be a quick update to the I/O link to change the way it's status logic is reported. I would like to help you if i can so feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss other options.

SteveL

Smarthome

Al,

As of right now there will not be a quick update to the I/O link to change the way it's status logic is reported. I would like to help you if i can so feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss other options.

SteveL

Smarthome

I exchanged some emails with Steve today and I think we came up with a reasonable solution to my situation. Message boards often focus on the negatives more than the positives so I thought I would throw a thanks out here to Steve reminding people that SH doesn't just ignore their customers after a sale.

Thanks Steve!

Hi,

As I mentioned to Michel Kohanim yesterday, your console needs a link to display those devices that are active, especially in the iPhone and devices similar but on the main system as well.

We are talking about a simple query to display only those devices, only those scenes, only those devices then under that those scenes or you could have it as an option to display active items at the top then the rest of them.

However you want to do it. can pick one and have 1 active items link or have more than 1 link to display the selected query as mentioned above.

But as a minimum I would suggest a link to display active devices.

Thanks

PS. I suggest the display is in edit mode as it is now so they can be changed and not just a display of the facts

Hello taskman,

Even I am getting tired of me saying that we are changing the GUI and building it from ground up. The fact is, although we are really doing this, it seems that something more urgent keeps coming along and getting us sidetracked.

Now, with the InterfaceGo/iPhone/IES/ interfaces, you do have that capability. For instance, with iPhone, you prefix the name with a character and so on and so forth.

We are still working on updating our GUI !

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

As I mentioned to Michel Kohanim yesterday, your console needs a link to display those devices that are active, especially in the iPhone and devices similar but on the main system as well.

We are talking about a simple query to display only those devices, only those scenes, only those devices then under that those scenes or you could have it as an option to display active items at the top then the rest of them.

However you want to do it. can pick one and have 1 active items link or have more than 1 link to display the selected query as mentioned above.

But as a minimum I would suggest a link to display active devices.

Thanks

PS. I suggest the display is in edit mode as it is now so they can be changed and not just a display of the facts

• 3 weeks later...

I am a little confused with this first post which is dated 2/7/08 for ver. 2.7.4 but yet ver 2.7.3 just became available in April of 2009???? Was 2.7.4 an edited into this first post just recently?

Is 2.7.4 Beta available yet?

Thanks,

Tim

Fixes in 2.7.4

- IOLinc status showing 1% instead of on

- Changed the maximum KPL backlight brightness to 127

- Network Resource - Escaping the URL is now optional and selectable

- Network Resource - The body now can be escaped fully and without exceptions

- ELK HTML page not accessible via mobile devices

- REST interface shows double the value of humidity

- SSL certificates not able to be imported to IE. You will have to reinstall a new certificate using https://www.universal-devices.com/ssl/insteon

- Network performance improvements

• 1 month later...

I was just wondering if on a ETA of a way to send notifications to separate accounts.

I would like one key pad button to send a "Call home soon" Email/text message to “person A†and a separate button to send one to “person Bâ€.

I am using it in many ways.

Call home soon

Timmy is home

High water

Flood alert

Garage door left open

Low temp

House cleaner arrive and leave times and so many more.

In one location it replaces a basic alarm by sending alerts if any movement or switch is turned on while at work/vacation.

It would be nice to have system notifications only sent to one account.

The “notify all†instead of individual account is limiting.

I have a few customers that would really like this option. It would open up what the ISY can do for me and it will help me sell the ISY on every system.

An ETA would be appreciated so that I can inform my customers of a rough time.

Jim

Baypointe

• 1 month later...
I was just wondering if on a ETA of a way to send notifications to separate accounts.

<>

Hello Jim and CJVann,

I am hoping for 2.6.8 (couple of months).

Hi Michel,

I have seen you refer to this capability elsewhere as "configurable text" and Triggers 2.0.

This added functionality will be an enormous enhancement to your splendid product and hope that, though having slipped past the 2.6.8 beta, it will appear soon (along with the gradual rollout of ELK integration mentioned elsewhere).

Best,

Mark